C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Eaton Springs

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 09:32 AM
Nobody54
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eaton Springs

I have a 66 coupe was looking on replacing springs all around to get a lower stance / Eaton offers rear leaf in normal and heavy duty -1 to -3 in height has anyone tried these or even looked at there product
thanks
Old 10-12-2011, 01:16 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Originally Posted by Nobody54
I have a 66 coupe was looking on replacing springs all around to get a lower stance / Eaton offers rear leaf in normal and heavy duty -1 to -3 in height has anyone tried these or even looked at there product
thanks
The Eaton-Detroit reproduction 9-leaf 2-stage rear spring is the closest one you'll find to the original; I have one on my '67. Don't know anything about any other non-standard ride height versions; not a great idea to mess with basic ride height, as it affects geometry.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:45 PM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

If you are thinking of painting the leaf spring gray, make sure you order the Eaton spring without their black coating. The coating is very hard to get off.

Rick
Old 10-12-2011, 09:57 PM
SWC Tim
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Please, Please, go to www.corvetteusa.com, get their phone # and ask to talk to Mike.
Tell Tim Tschanz (pronanced Chance) sent you. The ONLY proper suspension available.
Got the F40 ( reg available in 6-9 mo) could not be happier. Ask them about Eaton Spring
now!
Tim
Old 10-13-2011, 06:44 PM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim Tschanz
Please, Please, go to www.corvetteusa.com, get their phone # and ask to talk to Mike.
Tell Tim Tschanz (pronanced Chance) sent you. The ONLY proper suspension available.
Got the F40 ( reg available in 6-9 mo) could not be happier. Ask them about Eaton Spring
now!
Tim
Please share with us on what is wrong with Eaton springs. Also, not sure if you are saying that CorvetteUSA has a 6-9 month wait to get their spring.
Rick
Old 10-13-2011, 09:08 PM
MiguelsC2
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13

The Eaton 9 leaf will give you the proper height. But I found it too soft.

I went with Eatons 7 leaf. When ordered, I added 1 inch to keep the level consistant with my non F-41 front springs.

Not sure of the need to slam Eatons products. Excellent products and service.

Not sure what Corvette USA is offering? If they are falsely spreading negative rumors about the competition? I would not do business with them anyhow.

A reputable supplier let's their products do the talking.

With that kind of turn around someone else is making them.

Last edited by MiguelsC2; 10-13-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:58 AM
SWC Tim
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Not slamming Eaton Springs but they are what they are.
Up until reciently their web site stated they are not exact repros because the correct original material was not available to them and I think they will tell you that today.
Due to an incorrect rear spring and ride height on my '63, I started looking for a solution earlier this year. Several threads on the NCRS forum related the problems with current Eaton repros - ride height wrong & too soft.
Looking for a better solution, I found CorvetteUSA. They have accurately reproduced the F40/F41 suspension, springs, shocks, & sway bar. Some would say this was too harsh a suspension in its day.
However, "in its day" the average speed was much slower and all suspensions were marshmillows. As speeds have gotten higher and roads better all car suspensions have gotten stiffer for better performance.
Mike @ Corvette USA guaranteed the ride height would be correct and promised I would be happy with the ride and handling of the F40/F41. Realize, if you have radials they soffen the ride compared to bias ply. Although, not NCRS correct for a '63 without big brakes, I could not be happier. The ride is actually slightly softer than my Mercedes SLK350
For those wanting a NCRS correct regular suspension, Mike told me at Carlisle they would be available in 6 to 9 months.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Nobody54
4th Gear

Thanks for the info, un like lots of guys i really like the apperrance of a lowerd car , that was the reason i was looking and found eatons add on the lowered springs , i do have an original small block with air 66 coupe all # s car it is one of the tightest coupes i have been in , i just recently painted viper red and few other things
Old 03-25-2019, 08:15 PM
kirkster
5th Gear

Did you ever install a spring to lower your c2? I am trying to put something together now. Kirk
Old 03-25-2019, 10:27 PM
Boyan
Drifting

Received 466 Likes on 294 Posts

Default Springs

Well, since it’s been 8 years since he has posted, I hope he got it installed.....

Get notified of new replies

To Eaton Springs

Quick Reply: Eaton Springs