C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

C2 deck lid protector

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 12:13 PM
Mikesa
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 48 Likes on 16 Posts

Default C2 deck lid protector

Bought one of those convertible top deck lid protectors and was pretty happy with it, so i bought one for my hardtop. The hardtop protector doesn't seem to be the right one as it didn't follow the rear bow contours well at all. Before I push too far to get it replaced, I'd like to renforce my expectations. Has anyone else had experience with the hard top deck lid protector and have any opinions, particularly as to fit. I'm thinking maybe they packaged the wrong one. I'm guessing, but may be wrong, that there might only be one or two providers through the different retailers. I bought it from Wilcox who has always been very good as far as my experience goes.

thanks,
Mike

Last edited by Mikesa; 11-19-2011 at 12:14 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-19-2011, 04:23 PM
ed,s64
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Hey Mikes19, You can make a tracing of your hardtop on some paper, then go to a fabric store and you can buy plastic [vinyl] in 3 weights cut and fit on your deck lid. It.s the same stuff but alot cheaper.Made a protector for my vert and 4 lower fender guards for about 10 bucks, compaired to the retail stuff you buy from venders, it,s a big savings. cheers Elio
Old 11-19-2011, 04:30 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,558 Likes on 2,161 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

I have used the clear plastic protectors for years on both my solid axle and midyear. They work. They are not perfect in configuration and require some manipulation to get them where they need to be. Whatever you got should not be WAY off but just require some careful positioning to get it to work.

Get notified of new replies

To C2 deck lid protector

Quick Reply: C2 deck lid protector