C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

"I'm gonna restore it someday" 54 in the woods!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 10:04 AM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,030 Likes on 1,316 Posts

As of last week, the 54 has a cover on it again. I don't know if this is to "protect" it from the weather, keep people from seeing it and inquiring about it.

I'm not making any approaches to the owner myself. A friend of mine made the initial contact and plans on following up soon. He chased a 71 LT-1, that had been sitting outside for 20+ years, and was able to buy it. If the 54 can be had (for a realistic number), I'm sure he will acquire it.

There's a black with red interior, 66 427/425 convertible here in South Jersey, with less than 20,000 miles on it. I've been after it for years.

The car has not been out of it's garage since 1979. If you drive by, you can't even see the car, for all of the crap piled on top of it. The car is 3 houses from the house I grew up in. The original owner died about 3-4 years ago, and the car's still sitting in the garage. I remember the day he bought it, he traded a 63 Corvette in on it! As children, his son and my brother, were best friends. My brother reaches out to him from time to time, about the car, but so far there has been no interest in selling it. The car is out of the weather, and it's just one of those things that the family is attached to. Someday they may sell it, and they know I'm interested.

Quick Reply: "I'm gonna restore it someday" 54 in the woods!