C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Fuel Starvation

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 07:27 PM
red65Michigan
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Starvation

I had a problem with my Holley 4150 dumping fuel and leaking from the secondary shaft. Adjusting the float didn't seem to do much and since it had been rebuilt once before I decided to replace it with a new carb. Another issue that I had was if I got on it in 3rd gear it would act like it was starving for fuel and would want to stall out. If I backed off she would recover so I assumed it was another carb issue and an additional reason to replace it.

I replaced it with a Quick Fuel 600, mechanical secondary, electric choke and it is much more responsive. However starving for fuel issue in 3rd gear when I get on it remains. Fuel filter has been replaced. I am thinking I have a fuel pump issue. Suggestions ?
Old 02-07-2012, 08:00 PM
LB66383
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

As has been said here before, 90% of fuel problems turn out to be electrical. Check your initial timing, advance curve, vacuum canister, etc., and make sure all is working up to spec. You are using manifold vacuum and not ported vacuum, I hope.

What happens if you stomp on it in 4th?

Quick Reply: Fuel Starvation