C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

C2 Interior Bulb Type #90

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 12:29 AM
babbah
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 103 Likes on 97 Posts

Default C2 Interior Bulb Type #90

In my 67 there are 2 interior bulbs - one on each side upper side panel under the dash. They are #90 bulbs and I was wondering why the have 2 contacts on the base of each bulb - as there is only ONE filament inside the bulb? And each socket has 2 wires (one orange and one white).

Is that due to fact that the door switches and the headlight switch each independently can turn these lights on? so both contacts on the end of each bulb are both wired to the single filament?

Do these bulbs also have a magnifying lens molded into the end of the lamp? I would like something brighter.

And lastly - Does anyone make a LED equivalent for this bulb?

Thanks All!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:45 AM
wombvette
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by babbah
In my 67 there are 2 interior bulbs - one on each side upper side panel under the dash. They are #90 bulbs and I was wondering why the have 2 contacts on the base of each bulb - as there is only ONE filament inside the bulb? And each socket has 2 wires (one orange and one white).

Is that due to fact that the door switches and the headlight switch each independently can turn these lights on? so both contacts on the end of each bulb are both wired to the single filament?

Do these bulbs also have a magnifying lens molded into the end of the lamp? I would like something brighter.

And lastly - Does anyone make a LED equivalent for this bulb?

Thanks All!
They are basically mounted out there on things that are not grounded, so two wires. There actually should be three lamps. One in the rear compartment.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:49 PM
LB66383
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

One wire is hot all the time. The other wire goes to the door switches, which provide a ground when the door is open.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:21 PM
woodsdesign
Safety Car

Received 538 Likes on 350 Posts

I simply moved the bulbs and brackets to a more open space under the dash and now they give off much more light. fwiw

Get notified of new replies

To C2 Interior Bulb Type #90

Quick Reply: C2 Interior Bulb Type #90