C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Goodguys Nashville show up date.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Poorhousenext
Melting Slicks

Received 644 Likes on 331 Posts

Default Goodguys Nashville show up date.

Congrats go to Cool Corvette winner, Forum member Ron Champe's 65 Restomod Coupe.

Here are a few pictures of Ron and car. One close up of big smile on his face.

Car in Winners Circle.

Awards ceremony drive through.

Closeup of his big smile.

Receiving award

Last edited by Poorhousenext; 05-22-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:17 AM
C1-Curt
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

I went to the show yesterday and I came across Ron's car, what an awesome looking car. Congrats Ron! He came a long way to show the car in Nashville, we appreciated him bringing it!
Old 05-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Ron Champe
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys for the nice comments and for posting a few pictures of the car.......very well appreciated. I loved the Goodguys Nashville show....great friendly people and LP Field exceeded my expectations.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:44 PM
firstgear
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 640 Likes on 358 Posts
2019 Corvette of the Year Winner
St. Jude Donor '15

I try to avoid taking my car to an event where I know Ron's will be....I don't like to come in second......
Old 05-22-2012, 06:45 AM
Ron Champe
Pro

Originally Posted by firstgear
I try to avoid taking my car to an event where I know Ron's will be....I don't like to come in second......
Good one Herb, but if I had all of your toys, I'd burn mine. Now get back to work on that bad boy 63.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:52 AM
Poorhousenext
Melting Slicks

If you go to events with the expectation of not coming in second or worst, you'd better stay at home. There can always be car(s) at event that will beat yours. I go just so people can can see what we've done to it, compared to other cars like it. At events like Goodguys, you get people from all over this country as well as other countries that would never see it otherwise. Talked with people form Scotland, Brazil, Germany and Australia there. They all took pictures that maybe they will show to others.

I drove the 66 up and parked it next to the 64 in the Builders Choice area on Saturday. I parked it there rather than elsewhere just because of the foot traffic there.

It's as much about number of people stopping looking and taking the time to talk about car(s) as well as watching there reaction when they notice it. Even the 66 had it admires over the 64. I wouldn't even raise the hood on it because the engine compartment looks so bad...

I even wanted the 64 to be parked next to this years Riddler car just because of the number of people that want to see it, that also might take notice of my car(s). Almost got my wish, it was parked right behind me (close enough) and we where on end of row. Great place with great foot traffic flow.

We all need to start taking our cars to shows of all kinds just so people and kids can see what a C2 looks like. The all Corvette shows are OK, but they make us look like we think we are too good to be seen with other name plates, not just ours.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:29 AM
firstgear
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 640 Likes on 358 Posts
2019 Corvette of the Year Winner
St. Jude Donor '15

Sorry, you misunderstood my comment, but Ron knows..... :-)
Old 05-22-2012, 10:43 AM
Ron Champe
Pro

I certainly do know Herb.....For all others that know herb as I do, I'm sure that you would agree that Herb would be the first to walk over to congratulate you just after he came in 2nd or even 3rd place(which I'm sure doesn't happen very often) in the class. Herb is one of the few at most shows that really doesn't take this stuff so serious. He builds great cars and go's out of his way to share his knowledge and most important his hidden secrets...which most others would never think of doing.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 408 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Poorhousenext
If you go to events with the expectation of not coming in second or worst, you'd better stay at home. There can always be car(s) at event that will beat yours. I go just so people can can see what we've done to it, compared to other cars like it. At events like Goodguys, you get people from all over this country as well as other countries that would never see it otherwise. Talked with people form Scotland, Brazil, Germany and Australia there. They all took pictures that maybe they will show to others.

I drove the 66 up and parked it next to the 64 in the Builders Choice area on Saturday. I parked it there rather than elsewhere just because of the foot traffic there.

It's as much about number of people stopping looking and taking the time to talk about car(s) as well as watching there reaction when they notice it. Even the 66 had it admires over the 64. I wouldn't even raise the hood on it because the engine compartment looks so bad...

I even wanted the 64 to be parked next to this years Riddler car just because of the number of people that want to see it, that also might take notice of my car(s). Almost got my wish, it was parked right behind me (close enough) and we where on end of row. Great place with great foot traffic flow.

We all need to start taking our cars to shows of all kinds just so people and kids can see what a C2 looks like. The all Corvette shows are OK, but they make us look like we think we are too good to be seen with other name plates, not just ours.
Hi ,

I know where there is a good looking engine compartment, shinny shielding, air cleaner look good , just waiting for the right person to buff it out

jack
Old 05-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Poorhousenext
Melting Slicks

Herb,

Not really pointed at you, rather at everyone with a C1 or C2 that go to shows. I know you were kidding.

I sort of have a "Messing with People" at shows. I play which car is Male and which is Female with people. Tell them to look at bodys and tell me which is which. You'ed be surprized at the number of people including Corvette people that have no idea just how male designed stock body midyear is, it's almost all angles and straight lines like a male.

Do, Front wheel well opening at center = Shoulders; Door at door handle = Waist; Rear wheel well opening at center = Hips, to show them how Male the 66's body is and how Female the 64"s is.

Also have a sense of humor and believe in Advertising for Middle Aged Women 18 to 24 years of age.... Not many of those at Goodguys or all Corvette shows...

Originally Posted by Jackfit
Hi ,

I know where there is a good looking engine compartment, shinny shielding, air cleaner look good , just waiting for the right person to buff it out

jack
Jack;

Buffing an polishing is the reason I changed engines out to LS ones and you get to cut your hands up...
Old 05-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 408 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Poorhousenext
Herb,

Not really pointed at you, rather at everyone with a C1 or C2 that go to shows. I know you were kidding.

I sort of have a "Messing with People" at shows. I play which car is Male and which is Female with people. Tell them to look at bodys and tell me which is which. You'ed be surprized at the number of people including Corvette people that have no idea just how male designed stock body midyear is, it's almost all angles and straight lines like a male.

Do, Front wheel well opening at center = Shoulders; Door at door handle = Waist; Rear wheel well opening at center = Hips, to show them how Male the 66's body is and how Female the 64"s is.

Also have a sense of humor and believe in Advertising for Middle Aged Women 18 to 24 years of age.... Not many of those at Goodguys or all Corvette shows...

Jack;

Buffing an polishing is the reason I changed engines out to LS ones and you get to cut your hands up...
http://ashblonde.com/Swedish_Blonde-...edt_1__red.jpg
Old 05-22-2012, 02:32 PM
Poorhousenext
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Jackfit
Is she the Swedish Blonde who will be polishing my chrome in the Buff.... She is a little too old for me, but she'll do in a pinch...

Get notified of new replies

To Goodguys Nashville show up date.

Quick Reply: Goodguys Nashville show up date.