C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

distributor rebuilder ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 07:41 PM
tach drive 61
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Default distributor rebuilder ???

I have a tach drive in need of bushings and new shaft , any one have a recomendation for good rebuilder . a few years ago i ordered new bushings and shaft .turned out they were different OD size on bushings ,we just ended up using new bottom bushing , managed two years of usable service time for full rebuild again , now just want it done right
Old 09-23-2012, 07:55 PM
GUSTO14
Le Mans Master

Received 1,962 Likes on 1,283 Posts

As you probably know, this is not a particularly difficult job to do yourself... if you get all of the correct parts. I have rebuilt a few in the past in my garage. But back then I also had access to a distributor machine to verify everything was set up according to spec. Not absolutely necessary, but it gave me much more confidence in the final result.

Right now I'm in the process of restoring a '63 I bought back in 1969 and had in storage for 36 years, so I sent it off to Paragon just to eliminate one more variable when we're ready to fire the car up. That and I no longer have access to the distributor machine. They did a fabulous job and even installed a Pertronix in it for me at the same time.

Good luck... GUSTO
Old 09-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Hitch
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 109 Posts

I have a guy that I use and he can install the bushings and set up the distributor with his Sun machine. He is in Southeastern Virginia and is very dependable.

David
Old 09-24-2012, 09:21 AM
Powershift
Race Director

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,307 Posts

In addition to the two good references that GUSTO and HITCH have already supplied, you can also use Dave Fiedler at TI Specialty. He does excellent work, but is pricey ($$$).

http://tispecialty.com/

Larry
Old 09-24-2012, 04:06 PM
tach drive 61
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

i do have access to a sun machine ! maybe i will rebuild it but i sure will keep both rebuilders info in case thankyou .now to measure the bore on housing and see about getting right size bushing and shaft

Get notified of new replies

To distributor rebuilder ???

Quick Reply: distributor rebuilder ???