C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1960 Edelbrock Intake Heater Connection

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Doug1964
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1960 Edelbrock Intake Heater Connection

I have a 1960 with an Edelbrock Intake and Edelbrock carb. I am running a steel fuel line and wanted to mount a gf-90 fuel filter on the intake manifold stud. Problem is the heater hose supply line and fitting is right where one would want to mount the fuel filter. On the original intake the heater hose connection is on the front of the manifold while on the edelbrock, the heater hose connection comes out the top at a 45 toward the valve cover on the passenger front. I was thinking about using the top port of my wieand water pump to use as a heater supply line. Will it hurt anything to use this port? I realize I won't have heat until the radiator warms up but I am not concerned about that. I am concerned whether it will hurt the functionallity of the waterpump if I use the top port for my heater supply. Will the engine be starved for coolant water if I use this port? The other alternative is just not to use a fuel filter, but I really want to have a fuel filter and I liked the set up used on some of the c2 vettes with GF-90 type filter.

Last edited by Doug1964; 09-28-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:02 PM
rongold
Drifting

Location: Putnam Valley, New York. Amateur Radio Operator K2NS
Received 163 Likes on 116 Posts

Default Water pump connection

Originally Posted by Doug1964
I have a 1960 with an Edelbrock Intake and Edelbrock carb. I am running a steel fuel line and wanted to mount a gf-90 fuel filter on the intake manifold stud. Problem is the heater hose supply line and fitting is right where one would want to mount the fuel filter. On the original intake the heater hose connection is on the front of the manifold while on the edelbrock, the heater hose connection comes out the top at a 45 toward the valve cover on the passenger front. I was thinking about using the top port of my wieand water pump to use as a heater supply line. Will it hurt anything to use this port? I realize I won't have heat until the radiator warms up but I am not concerned about that. I am concerned whether it will hurt the functionallity of the waterpump if I use the top port for my heater supply. Will the engine be starved for coolant water if I use this port? The other alternative is just not to use a fuel filter, but I really want to have a fuel filter and I liked the set up used on some of the c2 vettes with GF-90 type filter.

I think that connection at the top of the water pump is an inlet port, not an outlet port. The bypass hose on cars such equipped connects there, and the flow is into the pump.

RON

Last edited by rongold; 09-28-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:39 PM
wmf62
Race Director

Received 727 Likes on 621 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To 1960 Edelbrock Intake Heater Connection

Quick Reply: 1960 Edelbrock Intake Heater Connection