C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Look at this E-bay scammer w/ Acura vin # on a 60 Vette

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 09:52 PM
Pilot Dan
Le Mans Master

Received 428 Likes on 318 Posts

Default Look at this E-bay scammer w/ Acura vin # on a 60 Vette

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...item3f1da9a2e7

As PT Barnum once said ......................you guys know, this "seller" with ZERO feedbacks selling a unique low mileage Vette that just happens to have an Accura vin# . Seriously, if some poor guy sends the deposit, is this scammer counting on collecting from E-Bay?? Will the buyer be reimbursed by E-Bay?? I was tempted, but this does NOT pass the smell test. Pilot Dan

Last edited by Pilot Dan; 10-13-2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-13-2012, 09:59 PM
62Jeff
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Dead listing.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Rich Yanulis
Melting Slicks

Received 196 Likes on 144 Posts

The listing has already been pulled by ebay.

My understanding is this:
If payment on a fraudulent deal is made using Paypal, the funds will be withdrawn from the Seller's account and refunded to the Buyer.
Does anyone else have information to the contrary?
Old 10-14-2012, 11:49 AM
SledgeHammer 2.0
Drifting

Received 261 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by RYanulis
The listing has already been pulled by ebay.

My understanding is this:
If payment on a fraudulent deal is made using Paypal, the funds will be withdrawn from the Seller's account and refunded to the Buyer.
Does anyone else have information to the contrary?
Yea, Thats BS. If the seller has already withdrawn the money Paypal will "Attempt" to recover it for you.

I got ripped off one year for $400.00
Old 10-14-2012, 12:40 PM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 742 Posts

I haven't looked at Paypal in the last few months but there is a lot of fine print to the funds guarantee. I know that through Ebay there is a criteria for holding funds for large $ items and sellers with low feedback that should offer additional protection. I have purchased a few items where the funds weren't released until I left positive feedback.

But guarantees are never absolute. I am surprised how many items GM now excludes from power train warranty coverage, my 2008 CTS has very inclusive coverage but by 2010 they had really restricted what is covered and excluded many items that were previously included (most sensors, hub assemblies, etc.).
Old 10-14-2012, 09:26 PM
Pilot Dan
Le Mans Master

Received 428 Likes on 318 Posts

Suppose this scammer just withdraws the money sent to him and disappears (Zero feedbacks). I am guessing E-bay/Paypal would have to make the buyer whole since they supposedly got his information in the first place and did some verification. It's interesting that they let him list a 60 Corvette with a totally bogus unmatching Acura vin#. The system should have rejected the obvious mismatch right??
Old 10-14-2012, 09:48 PM
mike16
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it never works as percieved. I sold a watch to some dead beat. He emeadiatly insisted that he paid and that I send the watch asap. I said no way, there are no funds in my account and there is no indication that pay pall recieved my money. I told him he would have to wait untill I recieved the funds because part of the funds was shipping, he got all abusive and told me it was my problem and to take it up with ebay. I warned him that I would not be sending the watch untill i see secured funds and I'm not putting up with abusive behavior. I he got abusive and threatening....No sale. Ebay found in his favor.

Bottom line, cash only and f pay pal

Get notified of new replies

To Look at this E-bay scammer w/ Acura vin # on a 60 Vette

Quick Reply: Look at this E-bay scammer w/ Acura vin # on a 60 Vette