C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Tank Sticker

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 04:23 PM
ditchdigger650
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Tank Sticker

It's amazing that all these cars for sale with the 427
the tank stickers always just have the info you want to see. everything thing else is gone or deteriorated,I'm sure their are some legit one's out there, but to me I see way to many of them that look forged. Whatta you guys think.

Ditch
Old 10-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,929 Likes on 4,774 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Someone is seeing the light with these high performance cars that were ran hard and put away wet.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:03 PM
avideo
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default The Ongoing Joke is That There Are More 427...

Midyear Corvettes out there than Chevrolet ever made.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:08 PM
1974purchase
Racer

Default one of the better ones

benefit of not being over meticulous in keeping the car clean.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:52 PM
MrPbody
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ya right. I'm becoming a cynic I guess. I don't believe any of them anymore.
within 30 seconds I was able to google this for you. it's a dirrect quote from the web site:
"We provide our customers the finest most accurate 1953 – 1972 Chevrolet aged reproduction documentation available on the planet… period.
The accuracy of our Chevrolet Documentation is achieved by using the most advanced aging techniques together with , dead on correct fonts, correct type, texture and weight of paper , each document matched completely to the original GM document. Each item is meticulously hand crafted and never computer generated. Each document is made to the customers specifications and when completed you would swear you just pulled these out of a 50 year old Chevy glove box. Our hand crafted documents have passed through the hands of the best Chevrolet experts & judges in North America and have been displayed at world class judging events from NCRS, Bloomington , Vettefest, Camarofest, Barrett … just to name a few.

We are so confident in our aged Chevrolet Documentation that all paperwork comes with a
100% money back guarantee if not completely satisfied."
Old 10-15-2012, 07:55 PM
62Jeff
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by MrPbody
Ya right. I'm becoming a cynic I guess. I don't believe any of them anymore.
within 30 seconds I was able to google this for you. it's a dirrect quote from the web site:
"We provide our customers the finest most accurate 1953 – 1972 Chevrolet aged reproduction documentation available on the planet… period.
The accuracy of our Chevrolet Documentation is achieved by using the most advanced aging techniques together with , dead on correct fonts, correct type, texture and weight of paper , each document matched completely to the original GM document. Each item is meticulously hand crafted and never computer generated. Each document is made to the customers specifications and when completed you would swear you just pulled these out of a 50 year old Chevy glove box. Our hand crafted documents have passed through the hands of the best Chevrolet experts & judges in North America and have been displayed at world class judging events from NCRS, Bloomington , Vettefest, Camarofest, Barrett … just to name a few.

We are so confident in our aged Chevrolet Documentation that all paperwork comes with a
100% money back guarantee if not completely satisfied."

Yep, and that's a quote directly from a forum supporting vendor's site too. Look to the left where the supporting vendors are listed. See where it says:

C2 TRIM TAGS
DOCUMENTATION

There you go.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:28 PM
MrPbody
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 62Jeff
Yep, and that's a quote directly from a forum supporting vendor's site too. Look to the left where the supporting vendors are listed. See where it says:

C2 TRIM TAGS
DOCUMENTATION

There you go.
Wow. is this practice something the Corvette Forum really wants to support?

Russ
Old 10-15-2012, 09:56 PM
1974purchase
Racer

when i dropped the tank in 2009 i had people from a corvette mike shop in the area come and look at the car while it was still on jack stands. one guy looked the tank over for 15 minutes at least. a tank sticker is an important part of documentation, but the people who really know these cars look for alot of other things as well. the fake documentation creates a need to have really knowledgeable people consider all the evidence if originality is important to the buyer.

Get notified of new replies

To Tank Sticker

Quick Reply: Tank Sticker