C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

67 vert restomod Lt5

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 12:49 AM
appelen
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default 67 vert restomod Lt5

I like to share some pics on a 1967 vert we recently finished for a client. The frame is a modified original by Newman Car Creations and fitted with 95 C4 suspensioin front and rear and engine is an LT5 crate engine with a ZF 6 speed and 3.94 rear end gear.The body has extensive modifications, entierly new rear fenders, new doorskins and lower front fenders, and with that comes modified front and rear bumpers, the door handles are 3/4 scale of C5 handles and they where made of fiberglass from scratch. The body is 12 inches wider over rear axle to fit the 315-17 inch tires and late model c4 rear suspension and no tubs, and we left out side vents on front fenders to make the nose look longer, and it was quite a challenge to fit the LT5 under the small block hood, but i feel it was worth it. The Lt5 is fitted with long tube headers, custom exhaust,engine management is a ACCEL gen 7 and eliminated all the secondary butterflys and vaccum stuff. It runs really good and we are happy with the setup. Stock 1995 ZR1 brakes.Did not have any good engine shots, but can post some later if anybody is interested.
Thanks,
AE

Old 10-17-2012, 02:10 AM
sub006
Race Director

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

Really nice blend of the two years, especially the new seats with the old dash. Rear end view looks a bit fat, six tail lights would probably help. And why no '67 or even better late model front fender gills?

I'd love to own and drive it!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:36 AM
hokie04
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great Job! I love the C1 type deck lid. I would love to see more detail pics of engine, interior. What type of hood is that?
Old 10-17-2012, 10:59 PM
appelen
Instructor

Originally Posted by hokie04
Great Job! I love the C1 type deck lid. I would love to see more detail pics of engine, interior. What type of hood is that?
Thanks for the input, the hood is stock small block, and for the six taillights, that was in the original plan but after mockup we all said not.
As for the louvers or air scoops in the front fenders after mockup a few diffirent models we choose to go without. thanks again for the input, posted some engine pics on C4 ZR1 forum.
Cheers,
AE
Old 10-18-2012, 01:13 AM
70mph@2200rpm
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't typically care for the wider fenders, but there is a voluptuousness to that rear end that is appealing on this car, and leaving the tail lights, as is, enhances that look. It's a very nice re-creation and the color is very complimentary. Bravo. What seats are those?
Old 10-18-2012, 01:25 AM
appelen
Instructor

Originally Posted by 70mph@2200rpm
I don't typically care for the wider fenders, but there is a voluptuousness to that rear end that is appealing on this car, and leaving the tail lights, as is, enhances that look. It's a very nice re-creation and the color is very complimentary. Bravo. What seats are those?
\The seats are aftermarket named Carello.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Ron Champe
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Job well done....nice clean look.

Get notified of new replies

To 67 vert restomod Lt5

Quick Reply: 67 vert restomod Lt5