C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

'63 Split Window Coupe all orig....exc cond

Old 11-18-2012, 07:02 PM
arrie
Simplify
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: forging ahead...making up for lost time and embracing each day thankful to be alive.... nj
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15
~~~ CFOT Book Folder ~~~
NCM Sinkhole Donor
Default '63 Split Window Coupe all orig....exc cond

Wondering if anyone has any idea the value of this car. Can provide pictures. Third owner....all original. One small chip in paint by antenna and one 1/4 " crack in paint where rear bumper meets chrome. Chrome all great cond. 64K miles....bought in 1999 with 59K approx. Owner bought as "toy" and doesn't have time. Covered. One small crack in interior leather (tan) on glovebox. Car is white. Can someone give me some idea - not even sure where to look or how to research. This guy doesn't know A THING about 'Vettes....(lol). He might be interested in selling if price is right....and I was just wondering.

Thanks in advance.....
Ronnie
Old 11-18-2012, 07:45 PM
BADBIRDCAGE
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,963 Likes on 1,055 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronniw
Wondering if anyone has any idea the value of this car. Can provide pictures. Third owner....all original. One small chip in paint by antenna and one 1/4 " crack in paint where rear bumper meets chrome. Chrome all great cond. 64K miles....bought in 1999 with 59K approx. Owner bought as "toy" and doesn't have time. Covered. One small crack in interior leather (tan) on glovebox. Car is white. Can someone give me some idea - not even sure where to look or how to research. This guy doesn't know A THING about 'Vettes....(lol). He might be interested in selling if price is right....and I was just wondering.

Thanks in advance.....
Ronnie

The guy must know SOMETHING about Vettes as he purchased it and knows how much he paid for it at that time. Depending on how it was covered means it may have retained moisture in the steel parts of the car causing deterioration. With the information provided so far you could deduct $5,000 from the purchase price paid by the current owner as a starting point for negotiation.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:56 PM
TC233
CF Senior Fox Bat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 616 Likes on 359 Posts

Thanks in advance.....
Ronnie
Well Ronnie you have described a 63 that could be worth $30K or $90K

You really have told us nothing to make any judgement call. For instance is it the First 1963 Corvette ever made? Perhaps the last?
Is it a Fuel injected car? A 340HP car? Is it a 4 speed, Auto? Does it have matching numbers? Are all the stock parts there? People will tell you its original and not have a clue it does not have the correct Master Cylinder. Is it rusted? is the frame straight? Has it been hit?
Is the rubber moldings all good? Is it the original paint? Does it have original steel wheels ($2K)? Does it have knock offs? If Knock offs, are they original (add $20K right there if they are ) PS if they were the originals produced in 63 then they would have been stolen by now

Get the VIN number and trim tag data (under the glove compartment door) and we can tell you alot about the car.

So you have to be far far more specific.

Last edited by TC233; 11-18-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:17 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

and pic would help also.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:18 PM
65hihp
Le Mans Master

Received 3,263 Likes on 1,686 Posts

Here we go again, another all original survivor 63, with clueless owner who might sell. Sure are a lot of them out there. You'd think I might find one some day.

Read through this thread to learn what to offer ------ >

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-a...-survivor.html

Last edited by 65hihp; 11-18-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:08 AM
BADBIRDCAGE
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,963 Likes on 1,055 Posts

Originally Posted by 65hihp
Here we go again, another all original survivor 63, with clueless owner who might sell. Sure are a lot of them out there. You'd think I might find one some day.

Read through this thread to learn what to offer ------ >

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-a...-survivor.html

They are getting more like the 67 Black w/Red Stinger 435 hp roadsters. More of them out there now than GM ever built.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:34 AM
426 Hemi
Safety Car

Received 621 Likes on 418 Posts

Heck there was a split just on American Pickers a couple days ago.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:29 PM
arrie
Simplify
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: forging ahead...making up for lost time and embracing each day thankful to be alive.... nj
~~~ CFOT Book Folder ~~~
NCM Sinkhole Donor

good lord thats a lot of info....i had no idea but thank you. It gives me a starting point for the owner.

happy holidays
Old 11-24-2012, 04:34 PM
harleyreg
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am looking for a 63 coupe. please have the owner call me with additional details, etc...Reggie Martin at 678-488-5461 Atlanta
Old 11-24-2012, 04:35 PM
arrie
Simplify
Support Corvetteforum!

~~~ CFOT Book Folder ~~~
NCM Sinkhole Donor

if i could figure out how to post pix from this MAC I would (sorry all - I am new to the vette forum.....first time owner.....30 year lover of them).....I'm in a wicked learning curve....
Old 11-24-2012, 05:21 PM
VeroWing
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Ronniw, what people are telling you is that there are a lot of variables that affect value of these cars. Originality, which engine, what options, condition, etc. I would advise you that if you are seriously interested in purchasing a particular car, to get someone in the area, that is familiar with C2 (1963-1967) Corvettes to check over the car for you. Many of them will look great, and still have areas that need repairs or replacements that will not only devalue your purchase, but cost you more money than you counted on.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:42 PM
arrie
Simplify
Support Corvetteforum!

~~~ CFOT Book Folder ~~~
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Mike Terry
and pic would help also.
I posted a pix in my garage having ZERO idea how to post here....uploads of other photos failed....email me with '63 coupe in subject (so I don't delete) and I will email you all the pix you want).....again....sorry....in learning curve here.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:44 PM
arrie
Simplify
Support Corvetteforum!

~~~ CFOT Book Folder ~~~
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by harleyreg
I am looking for a 63 coupe. please have the owner call me with additional details, etc...Reggie Martin at 678-488-5461 Atlanta
Reggie, this car isn't exactly for sale. Owner trying to get info....(as am I)....if he seriously lists it, I will contact you immediately. Are you looking for one to build or one restored or one in exc condition but all original? just wondering..
Old 11-24-2012, 05:45 PM
arrie
Simplify
Support Corvetteforum!

~~~ CFOT Book Folder ~~~
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by VeroWing
Ronniw, what people are telling you is that there are a lot of variables that affect value of these cars. Originality, which engine, what options, condition, etc. I would advise you that if you are seriously interested in purchasing a particular car, to get someone in the area, that is familiar with C2 (1963-1967) Corvettes to check over the car for you. Many of them will look great, and still have areas that need repairs or replacements that will not only devalue your purchase, but cost you more money than you counted on.
thanks for info....I'm nmot looking . I just got a C6 myself but a friend owns it. He really doesn't know much about it and I think he has seriously over valued it....hence will probably not sell.....
Old 11-24-2012, 05:47 PM
arrie
Simplify
Support Corvetteforum!

~~~ CFOT Book Folder ~~~
NCM Sinkhole Donor
Default '63 split window coupe

I CLEARLY need a tutor to figure this website out. Posted pictures....have no idea where they went. lolol Sorry all....
Old 11-24-2012, 06:48 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,320 Likes on 2,769 Posts

if i could figure out how to post pix from this MAC I would (sorry all - I am new to the vette forum.....first time owner.....30 year lover of them).....I'm in a wicked learning curve....
Ill send you some directions on posting pictures, although the MAC thing may be a twist. Should be the same concept, though...

Old 11-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Ironcross
Race Director

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

59K in 'Clinton dollars would at the current inflation rate of 'O,bomba dollars would place it around 120K with a base engine, and 175K if injected....better hurry too as the big Chief in D.C. with his so called mandate is getting ready to tax with both barrels......

Get notified of new replies

To '63 Split Window Coupe all orig....exc cond

Old 11-24-2012, 08:16 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,217 Likes on 2,301 Posts

I can't find any pictures in your garage or profile except the 06.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:45 PM
biggd
Melting Slicks

Received 347 Likes on 211 Posts

I CLEARLY need a tutor to figure this website out. Posted pictures....have no idea where they went. lolol Sorry all....
I've had the same issues so don't feel like you're the only dummy here.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:46 PM
arrie
Simplify
Support Corvetteforum!

~~~ CFOT Book Folder ~~~
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by 65GGvert
I can't find any pictures in your garage or profile except the 06.
im working on it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '63 Split Window Coupe all orig....exc cond