C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

One piece front end grill opening removal of tabs

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 06:35 PM
ceejayebg
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One piece front end grill opening removal of tabs

Have battled through all of the fitting and aligning of an ACI door to door front end, all is OK. I have a question on trimming the tabs off in the grill opening.

Do I cut the tabs off and clean up the edge or is there a measurement from the front edge that I need to follow? If there is a measurement I will need both the top and bottom measurements.

Appreciate any and all help.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:52 PM
wombvette
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ceejayebg
Have battled through all of the fitting and aligning of an ACI door to door front end, all is OK. I have a question on trimming the tabs off in the grill opening.

Do I cut the tabs off and clean up the edge or is there a measurement from the front edge that I need to follow? If there is a measurement I will need both the top and bottom measurements.

Appreciate any and all help.
I am assuming you are working on a 65-67? The tabs on a 65-67 are cut off even with the edge of the panel, except the top middle and the bottom middle. The bottom one is flat, but leaves the flat part of the tab.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:06 PM
ceejayebg
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wombvette
I am assuming you are working on a 65-67? The tabs on a 65-67 are cut off even with the edge of the panel, except the top middle and the bottom middle. The bottom one is flat, but leaves the flat part of the tab.
Yes it is a 66. So leave the middle upper and middle lower since they are flat?
Old 11-26-2012, 12:51 AM
wombvette
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ceejayebg
Yes it is a 66. So leave the middle upper and middle lower since they are flat?
Leave the whole tab on the upper. The center support bracket (if it has one) and the grille bolt into the vertical part of the tab. The lower center tab is flat, but sticks out. If you set the grille in the hole, you will see.

Get notified of new replies

To One piece front end grill opening removal of tabs

Quick Reply: One piece front end grill opening removal of tabs