C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Tire & Wheel Selection

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 10:15 AM
mikeb242
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire & Wheel Selection

I have done alot of reading in here and still have questions on the correct size and fitment for my car. I was going to get my stuff from the internet so I want to get it right the first time. I have a 1964 corvette convertable and still running the original drum brake setup, I would like to put on a set of american racing torq thrust 17"x7" wheels with a back spacing of 4.00". and a 0" offset, Will these work ? Also any input on the preference between the polished aluminum and the chrome ? ( I favor the chrome ) And what brand and size tire ? I was looking at (225/50/17)(225/55/17) and (235/50/17) in a black wall that has a tread design that is a cross between performance and a all season look. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:15 PM
5thvet
Le Mans Master

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

They TT II's will fit fine. I know that the 225/50/17's work with no problems and think some are running the other sizes but can't say with certainty that there are no rubs. I have the polished TT II's and like them. You can polish them to almost a chrome finish but the chrome vs polished is really just a personal preference.

Don
Old 11-25-2012, 09:29 PM
EddieG
Instructor

Originally Posted by 5thvet
They TT II's will fit fine. I know that the 225/50/17's work with no problems and think some are running the other sizes but can't say with certainty that there are no rubs. I have the polished TT II's and like them. You can polish them to almost a chrome finish but the chrome vs polished is really just a personal preference.

Don
Just returned from Daytona Turkey Rod Run and purchased new American Racing Torque Thrust II's. 17X7 wth 4" spacing. They are chrome with a kind of black tint. They called them PVD wheels. I'm hoping they work on my 65 that's currantly in restoration. Haven't decided on tires yet, but am leaning toward 225's all the way around. Not sure of brand yet. If this doesn't work I'll let you know.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:30 PM
EddieG
Instructor

Originally Posted by 5thvet

Don
Just returned from Daytona Turkey Rod Run and purchased new American Racing Torque Thrust II's. 17X7 wth 4" spacing. They are chrome with a kind of black tint. They called them PVD wheels. I'm hoping they work on my 65 that's currantly in restoration. Haven't decided on tires yet, but am leaning toward 225's all the way around. Not sure of brand yet. If this doesn't work I'll let you know.

Get notified of new replies

To Tire & Wheel Selection

Quick Reply: Tire & Wheel Selection