C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

C-1 Prices

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 07:01 PM
jrs 427
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

Default C-1 Prices

Strange as it may seem there are many nice C-1 corvettes for sale in the 40k range that have not found new homes. Some of the project cars I have viewed in the 28-35 range that sold will take a ton of work & money to make them good drivers. It's almost like very few buyers are not willing to break the forty mark for what I would call a complete road worthy driver that can be enjoyed immediately.

I have also been looking for a first edition driver. My requirements mainly are a no hit or properly repaired body with a solid frame in the mid thirty range. Most of them I showed a spark of interest in were forty plus. One views the Ohio cars and it seems relatively inexpensive. I believe they sell the majority to over seas buyers as investments..... not something to drive like many of us.
The economy has many of us concerned as a shaky future financial world looms ahead. Being lucky and buying c-2s years back ( when they were way less that 10k ) doesn't leave my garage empty and a later model convertible for everyday use fills the void. I still wish to own a c-1 but the urgency isn't pressing. Somewhere there is a candidate resting in a shed that is waiting for attention. The " I'll restore it someday " message is still clear in the owners mind and I hope they have the chance, patience, and time. After all they are true classics at the beginning of what is presently a world class automobile.

Quick Reply: C-1 Prices