C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Need Advice on Kerosene Heater for Garage

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 01:06 AM
Vette5.5
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would choose another fuel source than kerosene, like propane or natural gas, and vent it to the atmosphere. My favorite, would be what JohnZ did in his Reznor pic. Maybe insulate and air curtain off your work area. Any fuel source creates moisture in a cumbustion situation, so gonna be water in the flue gas no matter what. Many don't know this. but a car manufacture's 1 gallon of water coming out of the tailpipe, for every gallon of gas burned. For some idea's on your garage, check the Global Industrial site, as lot's of cool stuff there.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:01 AM
MiguelsC2
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13

Originally Posted by mid-year crisis
Modine forced air propane 50,000 btu heats my garage. Thermostat controlled, direct vent through the wall. If for some reason you get into a situation where gasoline is spilled or you have an open container of it, shut the heater off ! just my $.02
Other than JohnZs proper but expensive suggestion.

Propane is the way.

I am using this unit.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...8724_200178724

Can't beat this price.

Last edited by MiguelsC2; 01-07-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Vette5.5
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Actually, just recalled your attached garage is similar to mine. Guy before me, drywalled, insulated the whole thing, including the ceiling, and put in a supply register from the main house furnace/AC. Not much air on that branch, but I added a switchable 300 cfm booster fan on it, and installed an insulated overhead door. Not the greatest in there, but quite tolerable. Also have a 230v welder outlet, and garden hose spigot. Guess things aren't to bad, as wash my car in there, year round.

Quick Reply: Need Advice on Kerosene Heater for Garage