C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Any Chevrolet Dealerships install Paxton Superchargers on new cars sold?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 02:47 AM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,683 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Default Any Chevrolet Dealerships install Paxton Superchargers on new cars sold?

I know like Tasca Ford did so. I was wondering if any Chevrolet Dealers did the same.

Last edited by TCracingCA; 01-09-2013 at 02:51 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:36 PM
mike16
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there was an article in an NCRS magazine a few years back about somebody developing a paxton mcculloch set up for 53-54 corvetts.

I cannot recall but I think it was evaluated by GM brass through a cooperating dealer.

it fell through when the v8s came out.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:45 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Default Fords with a few exceptions, have always been slower than Chevys.

Originally Posted by mike16
there was an article in an NCRS magazine a few years back about somebody developing a paxton mcculloch set up for 53-54 corvetts.

I cannot recall but I think it was evaluated by GM brass through a cooperating dealer.

it fell through when the v8s came out.
Thus I can see why the Paxton was interesting to the Ford guys. I do know of an aftermarket ad from Paxton showing a Corvette is what prompted this thread.

Last edited by TCracingCA; 01-09-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:51 AM
sub006
Race Director

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

If anybody did, Dana Chevrolet might have in its short, happy life ( a little over a year AIR) that included a private '67 LeMans entry that led its class for 12 hours (half the race).
Old 01-10-2013, 02:40 AM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Default I started to write Dana, but I was hoping someone else would.

Originally Posted by sub006
If anybody did, Dana Chevrolet might have in its short, happy life ( a little over a year AIR) that included a private '67 LeMans entry that led its class for 12 hours (half the race).
The dealership had the majority of the former Shelby American crew with alot of those guys coming from the Scarab operation. Dana Chevrolet High Performance still peddled (sold) GT-350's off of their lot also. And you could get a Paxton on a car if you wanted. They would customize to order.

I also believe that Yenko may have done a few, during the time that they were playing with the Corvair Stingers.

Last edited by TCracingCA; 01-10-2013 at 02:44 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:10 AM
sub006
Race Director

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

One of the Dana partners was ex-Shelby exec Peyton Cramer. He continued to do well, several years ago as a principal in a large Torrance Ford dealership in Torrance, California.

A personal connection was through our architect, Ron Davis. Doing some additions to our home, he took us to a project he was doing for Mrs. Kramer in a nearby exclusive, gated community to show us his trademark cedar ceilings, which we still have.

A bit of trivia, "Dana" Chevrolet was named after Kramer's daughter AIR.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:35 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Default Our 427 Country Squire Wagon came from Peyton Cramer Ford!

Originally Posted by sub006
One of the Dana partners was ex-Shelby exec Peyton Cramer. He continued to do well, several years ago as a principal in a large Torrance Ford dealership in Torrance, California.

A personal connection was through our architect, Ron Davis. Doing some additions to our home, he took us to a project he was doing for Mrs. Kramer in a nearby exclusive, gated community to show us his trademark cedar ceilings, which we still have.

A bit of trivia, "Dana" Chevrolet was named after Kramer's daughter AIR.
That was one hot station wagon, we could dust off any Mustang/Fairlane of the era, but the car was totaled in San Diego on our way to the Zoo in about 1971. Someone pulled in front of us and impacted head on.

That dealership used to sell a bunch of interesting stuff. I don't want to turn this thread into a Ford thing, but the showroom was filled with Panteras and other assorted rides. Also I know a Russ Davis aka Ford T-Bolt racer had a dealership out here in Socal. Ron Davis? related?

Get notified of new replies

To Any Chevrolet Dealerships install Paxton Superchargers on new cars sold?

Quick Reply: Any Chevrolet Dealerships install Paxton Superchargers on new cars sold?