C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Petersen museum c-7 debut march 1-2

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 01:52 PM
jimgessner
Safety Car

Received 638 Likes on 382 Posts

Default Petersen museum c-7 debut march 1-2

C7 STINGRAY DESIGNER KIRK BENNION TO LEAD STYLE & DESIGN TALK ABOUT THE LATEST CORVETTE

60th Anniversary Corvette Celebration at the Petersen Automotive Museum includes rare prototypes, seminars, a car show and a gala dinner featuring LAWREY'S STEAKHOUSE great food. Feature speaker Kirk Bennion, the Exterior Design Manager of the Corvette C7 Stingray will show on large screen TV the new C-7 and discuss the C7’s radical departure in style from previous generations, allowing industry experts and enthusiasts alike the rare opportunity to gain insight into the design process and ask questions about one of the most anticipated new vehicle debuts in recent memory.

Other highlights include the Corvette Car Day Show with over 500 of our cars from 1953 thru 2013, The rarest examples of each generation and some of the features are:

*1953 EX-122: the first Corvette shown to the General Public
*1956 SR2: an experimental race car
*1959 Corvette Italia by Scaglietti: an Italian bodied masterpiece rendered in aluminum that was presented to Chevrolet as the first COBRA by CARROLL SHELBY and rejected.
*1960 CERV I: the first mid-engine prototype
*1964 “World’s Fair” Corvette: customized by GM for the New York World’s Fair
*1963 Grand Sport #GS-002, 1 of 5, the ''REAL DEAL''
*1968 “Sundowner” Bonneville Racer: driven by many famous racers.

And many other special Corvettes from the last 60 years.

The CORVETTE VALUE SEMINAR on Friday, March 1 at 10:30 AM will investigate what vintage Corvettes are worth in today’s market and how the vehicle will perform as an investment. Speakers include Rob Sass, from Hagery Collector Car Insurance, Mike Yager, Founder of Mid America Motorworks, “Corvette Mike” Vietro, and John Kraman, Consignment Director for Mecum Collector Car Auctions.

The Racing Panel Discussion at 2:00PM, Friday, March 1, will discuss the car’s illustrious motorsports history and will feature several iconic figures from Corvette racing history including drivers Dick Guldstrand, Joe Freitas, Doug Hooper, Bill Krause and Paul Reinhart. Doug Fehan, from the current C6R race team will also be a feature speaker. Doug is bringing a few surprises to event. Don't miss this panel of experts.

The Corvette Restoration Seminar on Saturday, March 2 at 10:30 AM will cover restoration tips and techniques from Jeff Reade, NCRS and BLOOMINGTON GOLD MASTER judge and Owner of American Motoring Memories in Culver City, California and NCRS and BLOOMINGTON GOLD MASTER judges and restorers Ken and Gary Nabers of Nabers Motors in Houston, Texas.

All three of these gentlemen are regarded as among the best of the best in the USA for BODY OFF FRAME restorations and knowledge of the 1953-72 Corvettes.
SEE FOR REGISTRATION DETAILS.

http://www.petersen.org/visit/museum...niversary-2013
Old 02-20-2013, 05:55 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,683 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Default Good Event/Show, worth while!

I'll be there on Saturday, after the Porsche indoor swap meet at the LA Airport Hilton in the morning. I'll bring some interesting stuff that Doug Hooper will like to see, if he is there on Saturday.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:22 PM
18thVette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be there with #18.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:50 AM
jimgessner
Safety Car

Received 638 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by TCracingCA
I'll be there on Saturday, after the Porsche indoor swap meet at the LA Airport Hilton in the morning. I'll bring some interesting stuff that Doug Hooper will like to see, if he is there on Saturday.
We will be there. DOUG HOOPER is on the racing panel. I look forward to meeting you also.

Get notified of new replies

To Petersen museum c-7 debut march 1-2

Quick Reply: Petersen museum c-7 debut march 1-2