C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Peterson Friday with 65hihp

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 11:48 PM
esema
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 53 Posts

Default Peterson Friday with 65hihp

Don and I decided to check out the Peterson Museum's Corvette 60th on Friday and it proved to be quite an experience. Don arranged for Doug Hooper to autograph my Garage Sign and I really feel honored to have another member of the Corvette Hall of Fame sign it.

I have to tell you that listening to stories from Dick Guldstrand and Doug Hooper is quite an experience. The one that really got me was Doug's response when I asked him if the 427s were as light in the front end on the straights as we've all heard. Doug's response: "Well I was clocked at 197 mph at Elkhart Lake in that thing. At the end of the straight under acceleration the front end was so light you could practically turn the steering wheel lock to lock and the damn thing would just go straight."

Another highlight of the show was when Phil Roche walked over to us and said "You might want to go look in the next room real quick." Walking into the next room we saw it...the 2014 C7. Please believe me when I tell you....you can not appreciate this thing until you see it in person. Absolutely stunning.

Here are some more pics for you.

1953 Motorama Corvette

Corvette Legends Dick Guldstrsand and Doug Hooper

Able to pass 50 cars in 1 lap with AJ Foyt driving

One Bad A$$ Race Car
Old 03-03-2013, 09:09 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,553 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Looks like a great event The new Vette is quite a car. You were in the company of some real legends (not including Don Hooper ).

Quick Reply: Peterson Friday with 65hihp