C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

C2 Rubber Backed Jute Padding

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Rokndad
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default C2 Rubber Backed Jute Padding

Bought a set of carpet underlayment from Corvette America
and finally got around to the install. Appears that the underlayment doesn't fully cover all the areas previously covered by the stock materials. In fact, it seems as though its missing about 25% of what was covered before.
Anyone else run across this?
Old 04-13-2013, 06:29 PM
Mike Geary
Melting Slicks

Received 220 Likes on 167 Posts

Yes, some of the manufacturers sell a "coupe" set, but the rear area is cut for a convertible. Does not go up the wheelhouses and the rear bulkhead piece is cut straight across. Missing the upper hump.

I finally ponied up the big $$$ for the LICS set, which is dead on.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:16 PM
Rokndad
Racer

Thanks Mike. That's exactly hat mine looks like. I have some left over rubber backed jute that I can salvage to fill in the blanks. I thought I bought the $300 package but will have to dig up the receipt again. Bummer.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:18 PM
Pilot Dan
Le Mans Master

Received 428 Likes on 318 Posts

I was NOT impressed either with the fit of the Corvette America jute kit ( I think it was actually made by ACC) and it was skimpy to say the least in the rear area of my Coupe. I had a spare roll of jute that I used to make and fill in the missing areas. It turned out fine in the end but lesson learned, I would not waste the money on the kit next time, I'd make my own from the roll.
Pilot Dan
Old 04-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Rokndad
Racer

Originally Posted by Pilot Dan
I was NOT impressed either with the fit of the Corvette America jute kit ( I think it was actually made by ACC) and it was skimpy to say the least in the rear area of my Coupe. I had a spare roll of jute that I used to make and fill in the missing areas. It turned out fine in the end but lesson learned, I would not waste the money on the kit next time, I'd make my own from the roll.
Pilot Dan
You know Dan, because I had read several times on this Forum that ACC was the best manufacturer of carpet/underlayment I ordered it from Corvette America. Not only does it not fit, the way it is cut, you can't identify the pieces since there's no instructions or diagrams included with the kit. Live and learn.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:13 PM
66softtop
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Did you put the black plastic side up or down before laying your carpet down?

Get notified of new replies

To C2 Rubber Backed Jute Padding

Quick Reply: C2 Rubber Backed Jute Padding