C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Trying to reach Chuck Brahms, restorer of Scaglietti Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 12:16 PM
HistoryBuff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to reach Chuck Brahms, restorer of Scaglietti Corvette

I am researching the car he restored, one of the three Corvette chassis sent by Shelby(and partners Jim Hall and Gary Laughlin) to Italy to be rebodied by Scaglietti.
I guess Chuck's main career was restoring Mercedes so I was surprised when he did the Corvette. Anyway he has retired and I was wondering if anybody has his e-mail.

Also does anybody remember: was that car Brahams restored kicking around for some time from owner to owner at a fairly low price because nobody knew what it was?

Also of interest, I photographed the one painted deep turqoise blue at Pebble Beach and thought it was a Ferrari because the grille was gone (the Corvette teeth grille) and was corrected later by a Ferrari expert.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:02 PM
62corvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 663 Likes on 472 Posts

Don't know how to reach Chuck anymore, but you bring up good memories. I sold him parts in anticipation of Laguna Seca in 1987, then bought some parts from him after. Sold those to Barry Watkins, owner of another Scaglietti. I still have heater parts for one of those cars on my shelf. Two didn't need them and the other (third car) wasn't interested.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:06 PM
HistoryBuff
Instructor

Default Barry owned a shopping center in Orange

If I can remember the name of the center maybe I can contact
him to ask if the Brahams car was bought in derelict condition and for how much so I can add that to my historic examples of great barn finds. I wonder if Barry owns the turquoise one that I thought was a Ferrari because some owner removed the Corvette grille teeth.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:04 AM
davidgrant
1st Gear

I just happen to see your request on Corvette Forum.
Send me an email and I will ask Chuck if he wants you to contact him. By the way, at one time he owned all three of the Scalietti Corvettes.

David Grant.
My email address is davidgrant@fastermac.net

Get notified of new replies

To Trying to reach Chuck Brahms, restorer of Scaglietti Corvette

Quick Reply: Trying to reach Chuck Brahms, restorer of Scaglietti Corvette