C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

looking for input on this 1964

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 11:22 PM
kstine98
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Default looking for input on this 1964

Can some of you experts give me some input on this car for sale on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1964-...exp=true#v4-41
Old 06-18-2013, 11:51 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,217 Likes on 2,301 Posts

Looks like a very nice car. It's a little strange that the ad says the car was built Oct 10 (if it is a St Louis car as the ad states). and the engine stamp pad is Nov 1. Maybe a 64 expert knows if that fits.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:54 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

Its not a little strange; its a lot strange.

About the 4th of these 'looking for input' posts by this fella on eBay ads.
Wonder if he's a buyer or tire-kicker at this point.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:40 AM
kstine98
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '15

I truly appreciate all input.

I have wanted a Corvette since I was 16. I used to wash and wax my Mustang in the park every Saturday with my buddy, and we agreed that one day We would both own corvettes.

He bought his last year. I just put my last son through college, made the last tuition payment, and my wife said it was time for me to get my toy.

I have spent a lot of time looking on this forum, but can't get expertise in one year. That is why when I find something I am interested in, I ask for input from the experts here. If I find the right car, I have cash. I just don't buy the wrong thing.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:51 AM
MrPbody
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kstine98
I truly appreciate all input.

I have wanted a Corvette since I was 16. I used to wash and wax my Mustang in the park every Saturday with my buddy, and we agreed that one day We would both own corvettes.

He bought his last year. I just put my last son through college, made the last tuition payment, and my wife said it was time for me to get my toy.

I have spent a lot of time looking on this forum, but can't get expertise in one year. That is why when I find something I am interested in, I ask for input from the experts here. If I find the right car, I have cash. I just don't buy the wrong thing.
And good for you for doing your homework. especially important on these early Corvettes, as lots of shenanigans have gone on with some of them over the years.
The car you posted looks nice and the owner seems to have put in a lot of information that buyers would normally be interested in………. but somehow this particular car still doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. things like the possible mismatch in engine numbers and I personally don't like the idea of it having "the kickup area of the frame replaced". a person really has to know his stuff to do that correctly. even then I wouldn't like the idea on any car of mine, but that's just me….

Russ
Old 06-19-2013, 09:52 AM
MasterDave

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

That car is gorgeous. You will not regret it if you decide this is the one.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:11 AM
1snake
Le Mans Master

Received 652 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by MrPbody
The car you posted looks nice and the owner seems to have put in a lot of information that buyers would normally be interested in………. but somehow this particular car still doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. things like the possible mismatch in engine numbers and I personally don't like the idea of it having "the kickup area of the frame replaced". a person really has to know his stuff to do that correctly. even then I wouldn't like the idea on any car of mine, but that's just me….

Russ
It seems to me that the seller tried to post soooo much info. that he was trying to have many things go unnoticed. Rotted frame, wrong motor, no dates listed on many components, the listed paint process with all the "mil B.S." etc.
Nice looking car but there's some red flags on this one.

Jim
Old 06-19-2013, 11:38 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

No problem shopping around just seems you are shot gunning it some. C1s and C2s are worlds apart and you have asked about both.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:59 PM
kstine98
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '15

I hear you Frankie. I love them both, and just want an early convertible. I know that the ride is a lot nicer in the C2, but from a strictly looks standpoint, I like the C1 better. A good quality C1 or C2 will make me happy either way. I don't want or need a trailer queen, but do want something redone correctly, and with proper paperwork to support the provinance to preserve its value.

I would LOVE to find a nice one for sale owned by a known forum member.

Get notified of new replies

To looking for input on this 1964

Quick Reply: looking for input on this 1964