C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Radiator leak

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 08:28 PM
SS409
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Radiator leak

My new Dewitt aluminum radiator (two months old), has a very small leak coming out from one of the fins in the middle near the drivers side. It appears to be VERY small but it's easy to see. I had the black ice coating applied and the water/antifreeze has all but removed the coating. The radiator has worked so well that my temps never get over 190. I think some barrs stop leak should fix it but I don't want to void the warranty. FWIW, I have only used 50/50 mix of distilled water and antifreeze. Has anyone else had this experience? Thanks
Old 07-07-2013, 08:30 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Originally Posted by SS409
My new Dewitt aluminum radiator (two months old), has a very small leak coming out from one of the fins in the middle near the drivers side. It appears to be VERY small but it's easy to see. I had the black ice coating applied and the water/antifreeze has all but removed the coating. The radiator has worked so well that my temps never get over 190. I think some barrs stop leak should fix it but I don't want to void the warranty. FWIW, I have only used 50/50 mix of distilled water and antifreeze. Has anyone else had this experience? Thanks
Call Tom - he'll take care of you.

Quick Reply: Radiator leak