C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

seat belts

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 09:14 PM
garretttt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default seat belts

wanting to install seat belts in my 1960 corvette any advice on where to locate them and how to do it is appreciated
Old 08-06-2013, 10:35 PM
ohiovet
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 130 Posts
2016 C1 of Year Finalist

Check o see if you have the proper hardware on the floor and at the tunnel for the center belts.
If not buy it from one of the Corvette parts suppliers.
You can get nice seat belts from Jullianos or Google seat belts and the variety is endless. I like chrome lever lift belts for around $25.00 per seat.
If you want original belts you will pay a fortune.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Dan J
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default '60 seat belts

I bought a set with all correct hardware from "FuelieDave"...(Google him for his website).
Old 08-07-2013, 06:56 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

You will need the seat belt anchor plates for sure (most of the usual vendors have nice repros) ; even if you have them inspect them carefully for weakness or rust. I could fold mine in half they were so corroded. You can get the cheapie belts that look and work fine as suggested above - with the aircraft 'lift' buckle. They typically have a plate on the body end of each side of the belt that bolts up to the seat belt anchors.

Repro belts (closer to original) are available at Corvette Central for like $139 but you will have to learn the 'secret knot' to attach them to the body supports via the 'hambones' (its in the AIM).
Attached Images  
Old 08-07-2013, 07:48 AM
garretttt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for your help, mine did not have any plates can you tell me where these would mount

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
You will need the seat belt anchor plates for sure (most of the usual vendors have nice repros) ; even if you have them inspect them carefully for weakness or rust. I could fold mine in half they were so corroded. You can get the cheapie belts that look and work fine as suggested above - with the aircraft 'lift' buckle. They typically have a plate on the body end of each side of the belt that bolts up to the seat belt anchors.

Repro belts (closer to original) are available at Corvette Central for like $139 but you will have to learn the 'secret knot' to attach them to the body supports via the 'hambones' (its in the AIM).
Old 08-07-2013, 08:53 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

Originally Posted by garretttt
thanks for your help, mine did not have any plates can you tell me where these would mount
Picture from the '61 AIM manual -- best I can do; I have no pictures of the mounts in my car - maybe others do.

The anchor plate with the four mounting nuts goes on the outboard of each seat with an inner plate that attaches to it from inside the cockpit. The other, single plate goes on the inboard side of the seats.
Attached Images  
Old 08-13-2013, 01:09 AM
jusplainwacky
Melting Slicks

Received 131 Likes on 65 Posts

Frank...if you tell everyone...it's not a secret!!
Old 09-02-2016, 07:48 PM
jusplainwacky
Melting Slicks

Received 131 Likes on 65 Posts

Here is a picture that shows how to do the secret knot. I am showing the drivers side which has the MALE section.
Attached Images  

Last edited by jusplainwacky; 09-02-2016 at 08:06 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To seat belts

Quick Reply: seat belts