C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

No horn on 67 after turn signal replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 01:22 PM
billy1ear
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No horn on 67 after turn signal replacement

My 67 had a bad turn signal switch. I replaced it and that seems to be working and auto canceling and flashers seem good.
But it seems I lost the horn. Had it apart to troubleshoot last week and put it together and the horn worked then. Checked connector that you have to push the pins out of to see if one of them (first black one?) did not seat but they look good.
Am going to check fuses after I post this "was too smart to disco the battery (insert idiot here)".

First post, just got my car and when I am not shining it I am on this really nice forum.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance..
Bill

EDIT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

OK, took it apart and saw that the contact ring that the horn button snaps on to was not clocked right so it did not make contact with the plunger, so never mind.

Last edited by billy1ear; 08-11-2013 at 02:06 PM. Reason: no longer need help
Old 08-11-2013, 01:45 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,217 Likes on 2,301 Posts

No fuse, switch doesn't need to be on. All that needs to happen in the area you were working is for the black wire to get grounded to the column. Possibly you lost or incorrectly installed the horn contact ***'y underneath the steering wheel mount. Short the black wire at the signal switch to your column. If the horn blows, you'll know the problem is in your horn contact ***'y.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:08 PM
pchalpin
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did exactly the same thing you did after replacing my turn signal switch, clocked the horn switch wrong.

Fixed it this morning. It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one who is capable of screwing up the simplest of parts installation.

Beep Beep!!!

Get notified of new replies

To No horn on 67 after turn signal replacement

Quick Reply: No horn on 67 after turn signal replacement