C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Your opinion on my carpet please.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 10:44 AM
Tracy64
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Your opinion on my carpet please.

Hey guys,

The interior of my car is silver/blue. What should be the proper carpet color? I ask because mine looks like a tan color and not silver/light gray. Some spots under the seats look gray-ish like maybe someone tried to dye the carpet. The door panels have March 1964 stamped on the back and the small piece of carpet on the bottom is a match to the rest of the carpet. So would a silver/blue interior have tan carpet? Or... Can those small pieces on the door panel be easily replaced? I would like to replace the carpet and put some of that padding in and I'm sure the old carpet will tear when I try to remove it and if I replace the carpet I just want the carpet on the door panel to match. The door panel are fine so I don't want to replace those. Thanks.

/Tracy

Last edited by Tracy64; 08-29-2013 at 11:26 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-29-2013, 11:26 AM
stingrayl76
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

A silver/blue interior should have silver carpet. Your carpet appears to have been silver originally, however years of sun have changed it to its current color. The color under the seats is probably close to the original color. You should be able to replace the door panel carpet with little trouble. If your car was built in St. Louis you can post the TRIM Code from the trim tag and someone here will be able to decipher it for you.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:33 AM
Tracy64
Racer

Originally Posted by stingrayl76
A silver/blue interior should have silver carpet. Your carpet appears to have been silver originally, however years of sun have changed it to its current color. The color under the seats is probably close to the original color. You should be able to replace the door panel carpet with little trouble. If your car was built in St. Louis you can post the TRIM Code from the trim tag and someone here will be able to decipher it for you.
I was thinking the same about the carpet under the seats but it's a small small spot and not the whole area. I've seen others with silver/blue interior and tan carpet so that is why I was asking. Here's my trim info:

St. Louis build
Style 867
Trim: 491N
Body: A-628
Paint: 916A

Thanks!
/Tracy
Old 08-29-2013, 11:59 AM
stingrayl76
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tracy64
I was thinking the same about the carpet under the seats but it's a small small spot and not the whole area. I've seen others with silver/blue interior and tan carpet so that is why I was asking. Here's my trim info:

St. Louis build
Style 867
Trim: 491N
Body: A-628
Paint: 916A

Thanks!
/Tracy
Style 867 Conv.
Trim: 491N vinyl two-tone silver and blue (A.O. Smith trim tags did not carry the two digit ECL suffix and therefore cannot be deciphered accurately to determine options).
Body: A-628 A.O. Smith 628th conv. body built
Paint: 916A Daytona Blue

The information I have, Nolan Adams Tech. Guide Vol.2, does not specify carpet colors, however, I seriously doubt that any silver/blue interiors had beige carpeting. I'm sure there will be more discussion on the subject.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:42 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

491N on a '64 A.O. Smith convertible is 2-tone silver and blue vinyl; the main instrument panel (and eyebrow pads) would be dark blue, and carpets would be medium gray.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Tracy64
Racer

Thank you John!
Old 08-29-2013, 05:01 PM
Rich Yanulis
Melting Slicks

Received 196 Likes on 144 Posts

Here is a photo I found.

Get notified of new replies

To Your opinion on my carpet please.

Quick Reply: Your opinion on my carpet please.