Go Back   Corvette Forum > C1 & C2 Corvettes, 1953 - 1967 > C1 & C2 Corvettes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C1 & C2 Corvettes
General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations Sponsored by
Flaming River
Industries

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 10-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
1955 copper
CF Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to 1955 copper
Default One more time about C1 PG

I get e-mail's again about leaking PG's

Your leaking and running low on fluid lets the direct clutch drum piston lose pressure to hold the clutch's closed tightly making them slip and wear . Most shops never check to see if the Valve body is worn from the input shaft cast iron ring wearing on the valve body letting oil pass into the PG case which is not a sealed unit and causing it to over fill resulting in leaking , even when not driving. Sounds like your problem your having . The only way to correct it is to replace the valve body or find a good one that's not worn as seen in this pic that I've talked about many times to members here. You cant depend on a shop to inspect this area unless you make them aware of this or YOU look to see if it's worn . 99% of shops today don't know to check this out when they have it apart. (YOU NEED TO!) Or copy this pic and show the shop what I'm telling you. I hear about this dam thing all the time and FEW people will listen or read what I'm telling them. NO Mickey Mouse trick will stop your leak or burping if this is the problem period !!!!!!!!! So good luck!

Click the image to open in full size.
1955 copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:52 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C1 & C2 Corvettes, 1953 - 1967 > C1 & C2 Corvettes
Reload this Page One more time about C1 PG