C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1967 vent window rubber

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 09:06 AM
vetteLT193
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 523 Likes on 313 Posts

Default 1967 vent window rubber

There is a piece of rubber that fits the vent window into the chrome frame. It basically wraps around the window and snug fits into the frame. Where can I get that part?
Old 10-11-2013, 09:41 AM
mike coletta
Safety Car

Received 1,067 Likes on 513 Posts

All of the vendors have it. http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb....Z5Z5Z50000050B Make sure that you get a left/right, and coupe/convertible. There is another straight piece that runs along the rear edge of the glass.

Mike Coletta
Old 10-11-2013, 09:52 AM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,217 Likes on 2,301 Posts

I think he's talking about the part around the glass into the actual vent frame, not the vent frame strip that mounts to the door jamb. Maybe OP could clarify?
Old 10-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Mike Geary
Melting Slicks

Received 220 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteLT193
There is a piece of rubber that fits the vent window into the chrome frame. It basically wraps around the window and snug fits into the frame. Where can I get that part?
The material is usually referred to as "glass setting tape". It comes in different thicknesses, and also different compositions. Rubber or impregnated fabric.

Once you measure your glass thickness and the frame channel width, you will know which thickness to get.

I've always been able to find it at auto glass shops.

Buy extra!! You will probably mess up the dart cut in the corner the first time.

Somewhere there's info on a simple jig that uses a B&D Workmate to press in the glass with great control. Best method I've seen.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:36 PM
vetteLT193
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 523 Likes on 313 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Geary
The material is usually referred to as "glass setting tape". It comes in different thicknesses, and also different compositions. Rubber or impregnated fabric.

Once you measure your glass thickness and the frame channel width, you will know which thickness to get.

I've always been able to find it at auto glass shops.

Buy extra!! You will probably mess up the dart cut in the corner the first time.

Somewhere there's info on a simple jig that uses a B&D Workmate to press in the glass with great control. Best method I've seen.
This is what I'm looking for, perfect. Thanks!

And to the other responders... yes, I'm looking for the part between the glass and chrome not the full surround weatherstrip.

Get notified of new replies

To 1967 vent window rubber

Quick Reply: 1967 vent window rubber