C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

glass repair question

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 10:04 AM
steveale
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default glass repair question

When removing my original rear glass I noticed a chip on the edge...not sure if I did it when I was getting the trim clip loose or if it was done before. I didn't find the glass chip under the trim so I think it was there before and i just didn't notice it.

I don't have a picture but I would describe it as how you used to see the round depression about the size of a nickle after glass had been shot with a bb gun. so starting at the bottom side edge it is a half-circle that the top of the circle just appears above the trim when installed. It is less than half the depth of the glass, deepest at the edge and getting shallower towards the edge, kind of like a Wok.

Is there any epoxy or similar that could be applied and smoothed that would make it not noticeable? It is not like a normal chip that can be filled with the vacuum repair process since it starts on the edge.

Thanks in advance as always for any ideas.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:39 PM
VetteRed1965
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Steve , give my buddy Joey a call. He is off of bells ferry. Office 770-421-9100. I known him for 15 years or so. He does auto glass. His business is The Glassman, He knows how to installs glass in old Cars..He did my windshield a few years back in my Vette, He has a ultraviolet light he uses.

Last edited by VetteRed1965; 12-10-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Quick Reply: glass repair question