C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

OK now I am lost

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 10:43 AM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

Default OK now I am lost

I have told members for years that I my strong point is not the computer. matter a fact it is probably my weakest point in my live. Now that the Forum has changes to opening page (for what ever reason I don't know) I can not figure out how to get the C 2 listings to come up and stay on the side under where it says Community. Can some one who knows any thing more about a computer more then I do please let me know what I have to do to set up my computer like it was? My 6 year old grand daughter will not be over till the weekend and I don't want to ask her. She will think grandpa is a bigger dummy then she already does. Thank you in advance to who ever tells me how to set up my opening page on the Forum like this or like it was. Why can't people leave things alone? If it is not broken do not fix it!!!
Old 12-19-2013, 11:56 AM
Al T
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Mike,

I feel your pain. lol

I think if you click on the C1 or C2 selection in the upper right corner of the sreen (under your user ID) it will default to the C1/C2 page....... at least mine does now.

Good luck

Allan
Old 12-19-2013, 12:03 PM
BOB WINSKI
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Terry
I have told members for years that I my strong point is not the computer. matter a fact it is probably my weakest point in my live. Now that the Forum has changes to opening page (for what ever reason I don't know) I can not figure out how to get the C 2 listings to come up and stay on the side under where it says Community. Can some one who knows any thing more about a computer more then I do please let me know what I have to do to set up my computer like it was? My 6 year old grand daughter will not be over till the weekend and I don't want to ask her. She will think grandpa is a bigger dummy then she already does. Thank you in advance to who ever tells me how to set up my opening page on the Forum like this or like it was. Why can't people leave things alone? If it is not broken do not fix it!!!
Mike, i agree with you 100 percent why do they have to mess with it
Old 12-19-2013, 12:04 PM
66jack
Team Owner

Received 830 Likes on 574 Posts

What I do so I don't have to click, click, click, to get here is open the page you want and bookmark it in your browser...
Old 12-19-2013, 12:12 PM
John McGraw
Safety Car

Received 114 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by 66jack
What I do so I don't have to click, click, click, to get here is open the page you want and bookmark it in your browser...
Absolutely! This is how I have been doing it for years. I bookmark the C1/C2 page. I probably have not been outside of this page a hand-full of times in the last year.

Regards, John McGraw
Old 12-19-2013, 12:25 PM
6T5RUSH
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 119 Likes on 98 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Mike, I feel your pain.

I'll add to this by saying I'm also confused. I recognize that software needs to be updated but now when I pull up the C1/C2 forum, my background changed to the C7 trim logo.

How do I get the traditional C2 logo to show in my lead page again?

I know it's a simple click/click...but WHERE?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jim
In God We Trust!
Old 12-19-2013, 12:25 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Al T
Mike,

I feel your pain. lol

I think if you click on the C1 or C2 selection in the upper right corner of the sreen (under your user ID) it will default to the C1/C2 page....... at least mine does now.

Good luck

Allan
That did not work, I still have the C 5 stuff under my community where I want the C 2 stuff. Anymore ideas?
Old 12-19-2013, 12:28 PM
desertpilgrim
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 92 Posts

I compare this "tinkering" to what I refer to as "homeowner's association" syndrome, where the retired guy/girl is appointed to a position of authority for the very first time in their life and they turn it into their quest to protect the secrets of something that they imagine eclipses the Manhattan Project.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:35 PM
5thvet
Le Mans Master

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 6T5RUSH
Mike, I feel your pain.

I'll add to this by saying I'm also confused. I recognize that software needs to be updated but now when I pull up the C1/C2 forum, my background changed to the C7 trim logo.

How do I get the traditional C2 logo to show in my lead page again?

I know it's a simple click/click...but WHERE?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jim
In God We Trust!
Jim,
In the upper right hand under where it says Welcome and your name there are a series of red highlights of C1-C7. Click on C2 and you should be good.
Don
Old 12-19-2013, 12:53 PM
Rokndad
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with Don. Its an easy click, re-bookmark the new C2 home page and you're good to go. I like the new look and features. Thanks to our Administrators who are keeping on top of the times for us.
Tom
Old 12-19-2013, 01:25 PM
buns
Safety Car

Received 690 Likes on 537 Posts

From the 'Help' forum:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/help...style-faq.html
Old 12-19-2013, 02:00 PM
Larry P
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

When you get where you want, C1, copy the link at the top
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-and-c2-corvettes-4/

Go to your desktop and right click and select NEW and Shortcut
Paste the link
Select NEXT
Name it, Like C1
Select finish
You will have the link right on your desktop
or any other place you want it.
It should take you right to that address.
This should work for any place you want to return to.
Larry
Old 12-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Al T
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

That did not work, I still have the C 5 stuff under my community where I want the C 2 stuff. Anymore ideas?
I think as mentioned above, once your in the C1/C2 section, save it as a new favorite.

Good luck!

Allan
Old 12-19-2013, 04:18 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As buns posted above, please make sure to check the FAQ on the new style/theme as linked here:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/help...style-faq.html

Some members are having issues with changing the theme (the logo in the upper left and the quick links to the left) which is due to some having the "Lightweight" theme/style selected. Scroll to the bottom of the page and in the lower left change it to "Default 2014". Then select the C1 or C2 link in the Welcome box. If this doesn't work, you may need to clear all CorvetteForum cookies. Note logging out does not clear all CorvetteForum cookies. Once this is done, revisit the website, make sure Remember Me is selected, log in, make sure "Default 2014" is selected in the lower left corner, then select C1 or C2 link in the Welcome box. From that point forward, you should no longer have further issues with this.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:03 PM
6T5RUSH
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 119 Likes on 98 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Thanks guys! Knew it was just a click away.

Jim
In God We Trust!
Old 12-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

I have clicked and then double clicked and then triple clicked on the C2 under the Welcome Private Message area in the upper right hand side and I still have the C5 listings under the Community word on the left side? Any more ideas?????
Old 12-19-2013, 10:01 PM
66jack
Team Owner

Received 830 Likes on 574 Posts

I have clicked and then double clicked and then triple clicked on the C2 under the Welcome Private Message area in the upper right hand side and I still have the C5 listings under the Community word on the left side? Any more ideas?????
Mike...SCROLL ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM OF PAGE ON THE LEFT AND CHANGE THE DROP DOWN BOX TO 2014...GIVE IT A TRY THERE AND THEN CLICK THE C2 UNDER THE WELCOME PRIVATE MESSAGE AREA....
Old 12-20-2013, 09:22 AM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 66jack
Mike...SCROLL ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM OF PAGE ON THE LEFT AND CHANGE THE DROP DOWN BOX TO 2014...GIVE IT A TRY THERE AND THEN CLICK THE C2 UNDER THE WELCOME PRIVATE MESSAGE AREA....
NOW THAT WORKED... Thanks
Old 12-20-2013, 01:50 PM
steveale
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was just about to post same but 66Jack beat me to it. There is a sticky thread with the new site redesign. In that post there is a link with some information on the changes. I was having the same problem earlier with the links under the login not changing the look.

When you click on one of the C1 - C7 links, the CorvetteForum logo in the upper left corner will change to reflect that Corvette generation as shown below:

Click the image to open in full size.
C7

C6

C5

C4

C3

C2

C1

Additionally when you click on one of the C1 - C7 links in the Welcome area, the links to the left side (for non-premium members) under the "Community" will also update to provide quick links for that Corvette generation as shown in the illustration example below:
If clicking on one of the C1 - C7 links does not work in that the links to the left don't reflect the correct Corvette generation and the Corvette logo in the upper left corner also doesn't reflect the correct Corvette generation, first make sure that the "Default 2014" style/theme is selected. Go to the bottom of the page and in the lower left corner should be "Default 2014". If it's "Lightweight", change to "Default 2014" and then click on one of the C1 - C7 links in the Welcome box.

Get notified of new replies

To OK now I am lost

Quick Reply: OK now I am lost