C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Holley R3367 tuning and parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 01:24 PM
vmaxpwc
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

Default Holley R3367 tuning and parts

Hi Guys,

I have a stock good running L79 (327/350) in my 1966 convertible with 4spd and 3:36 rear gears. I have recently set the timing ie 36 degrees all in at 2800 and also replaced the points and put in a new vacuum can and installed the Crane X2000 module with RPM limit.

I was having some issues with the carb adjustment at idle and the secondaries were not opening and some leaks so I pulled the carb off and started the rebuild.

I would appreciate any comments on the following changes to stock.
Installed 68 jets (65 were stock) in the primary metering block. I replaced the secondary meeting plate with a block and installed 76 jets (I could not identify the plate that was in the carb a -6?) I used the dark red cam and put in a .28 (anti pull over)squirter (stock is .25). I found a steel ball in the vacuum secondary and a bad diaphragm. I plan to leave the ball out. I cannot find the correct diaphragm part number and I know there are several with different lengths.

Does anyone know the correct Holley part number of the vacuum diaphragm? I cannont find it anywhere.

I plan to use it with the long yellow spring and a quick change spring kit.

Could any of you with a L79 comment on the jetting/squirte setup for the carb? Is it too much? Its easier to change while its out of the car.

Thanks for the help.

Vmax
Old 12-29-2013, 02:38 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Originally Posted by vmaxpwc

I would appreciate any comments on the following changes to stock.
Installed 68 jets (65 were stock) in the primary metering block. I replaced the secondary meeting plate with a block and installed 76 jets (I could not identify the plate that was in the carb a -6?) I used the dark red cam and put in a .28 (anti pull over)squirter (stock is .25). I found a steel ball in the vacuum secondary and a bad diaphragm. I plan to leave the ball out. I cannot find the correct diaphragm part number and I know there are several with different lengths.
Leave the check ball in place - if you remove it, you'll get a huge BOG when the secondaries open (common mistake).
Old 12-30-2013, 09:20 AM
vmaxpwc
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnZ
Leave the check ball in place - if you remove it, you'll get a huge BOG when the secondaries open (common mistake).
Thanks John,

My friend suggested I call the Holley tech line. They were great. I immeadiatly was in touch with Ricky and he confirmed that if the vacuum diaphragm has a place for a ball it needs to have a ball. If not no ball is needed as some assemblies did not have a place for a ball and used a restrictor. Also the diaphragm for the 3367 is a 135-4 and that has a 2.054 rod length.

Vmax

Get notified of new replies

To Holley R3367 tuning and parts

Quick Reply: Holley R3367 tuning and parts