C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

I have to praise Haggerty and Northwest Auto Glass

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 09:50 PM
azmusclecar
Safety Car

Received 195 Likes on 126 Posts

Default I have to praise Haggerty and Northwest Auto Glass

It seems we hear enough bad things that happens in the world, well this is the opposite.

The original windshield in my 64 coupe was so pitted that I couldn't safely drive in to the sun without being blinded. One day a dump truck with 5 nice stones decided to help me decide if I wanted to replace the windshield or leave well enough alone.

I called Haggerty and gave them the info and thanks to a member of the car club I joined called the Door Slammers of Tucson, I was told who to call to have do the job.

Haggerty okayed the repair, I made the call, and you would think this is the end of the story. But it wasn't.

The owner of Northwest Auto Glass came to my home and "tried" to fit a replacement windshield with a new gasket in the car. After several hours, he told me, this windshield is not right and that he was going to go get a Pilkington windshield and get a better gasket and get all new clips.

The story ends with a perfect windshield install and Haggerty agreed to the better quality windshield, gasket and clips.

The glass looks stunning, the seal looks like factory original and the stainless steel sits perfect against the seal and body. I could NOT ask for a better job.

Thanks to Haggerty and to Northwest Auto Glass of Tucson and especially Matt Gipson the owner for stepping up and doing what's right so I didn't need to try to explain away a poor installation.

Too many times the stories seem to end in a bad way. For once, the good guys won....................just had to share.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:07 PM
6T5RUSH
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 119 Likes on 98 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

asmusclecar,

I'll 2nd Hagerty and their willingness to go the extra mile. I ended up doing the replacement windshield in my garage 'cause I wanted to be certain the windshield frame was solid, sealing up all potential water leaks and also to replace all the clips. Without batting an eyelash Hagerty not only sprung for the purchase and shipping of a new Pilkington windshield to me but also "reimbursed" me for standard labor to install the windshield. I also ended up having all the surround stainless buffed and polished before I reinstalled myself.

Jim
In God We Trust!

Quick Reply: I have to praise Haggerty and Northwest Auto Glass