C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

pitted a arms

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 11:54 AM
roberts427
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 150 Likes on 83 Posts

Default pitted a arms

what is the best way to restore my pitted a arms they off the frame. I do not have a place to spray with some type of filler spray. thanks
Old 01-28-2014, 01:31 PM
DansYellow66
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,620 Likes on 1,952 Posts

Spray with rattle can automotive high build primer and then get a tube of lacquer based spot putty and spend a few quality hours with a plastic filler spreader, filling in all the remaining pits with putty. Sand smooth and put another coat of primer on, touch up any remaining areas and paint with your choice of top paint - probably rattle can. The Eastwood Chassis paint is a pretty good choice.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:40 PM
65silververt
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 203 Posts

Blast, then coat with a high grade epoxy primer, like SPI. Spray with 3 coats of filler primer, then sand with 180 grit. Fill any pits that still remain, then spray with sealer, followed by gloss black. OR, you could spray with epoxy, fill holes with a quality body filler, then seal, and spray with gloss black paint.
I filled the pits on a 66 frame last year using the same method...epoxy, then filler, sealer, followed by paint. It looks like a no rust California frame now.

Get notified of new replies

To pitted a arms

Quick Reply: pitted a arms