C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1960 corvette - lost for the past 40 years

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 06:15 PM
dheel
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ohiovet
I agree with everything you said.
Original drum brakes are fine.
The brake failure scenario is accurate although all my old Corvettes are that way. But the 57 Gasser I'm building uses a dual master cylinder.
I just saw that Speedway Motors now sells a dual master cylinder that resembles a original Delco master cylinder, pretty cool.
Also, DOT 5 is the only way to go, works fine doesn't attract moisture and won't hurt paint.
The best sound system is the sound from the engine, no high power stereo for me.
My good 57 fuel car is painted base/clear and with some minor shrinkage over the past 3 years the paint would probably pass NCRS judging.
Bruce B
will do, thx.
dave
Old 03-09-2014, 06:22 PM
dheel
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jimh_1962
Lots of stop and goes around clarendon area (used to live there...). I would put a dual master disk brake setup.
will do, thx. the traffic in clarendon seems to only get worse and worse. they can't stop building new condos over there. be happy that u missed our winter out here this year, it was pretty miserable.
thx,
dave
Old 03-09-2014, 06:42 PM
dheel
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon
That walnut Grant steering wheel takes away more of the limited space between your chest and it by about 4 inches. You need the original or a smaller flat wheel if you prefer for the space. Even then it's a tight squeeze behind the wheel.
will do, thx. looking for a new steering wheel, I can barely fit in behind the one in there now.
best,
dave
Old 03-09-2014, 07:05 PM
dheel
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jimgessner
I like it GREEN. Concentrate on making it a safe driving Corvette. Then drive it for a year. In Spring of 2015, big $$$$ decisions can be made. A year from now you will have learned lots about CORVETTE , this car and all your new friends.
good advice, thank you. the wife tells me that she likes the GREEN. who knew!? I may do this exactly. appreciate the wisdom.
dave

Quick Reply: 1960 corvette - lost for the past 40 years