C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Regarding,my past post on kick/panel speakersfor mid/year.... comments

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 09:41 AM
StrayDog
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Regarding,my past post on kick/panel speakersfor mid/year.... comments

I finally found kick panel speakers for a mid year,rather expensive, from Ecklers , they are advertised as 80 watt co axial speakers, upon examination after delivery , in big letters on back of speaker in 1 inch letters it says 30 Watt & they are definately not coaxial. & are, made in CHINA.........But I put them on anyways & they fit perfect & sound OK , ..............I e- mail Ecklers & advise them speakers not as advertised...reply was they would make some type of adjustment $ , shortly another e -mail arrives from Ecklers..... :eek: they state vendor advised speakers had inncorrect stickers on them & ecklers will send me correct stickers :confused: also no adjustment......please note this is crap, speakers are not co/axial & obviously not 80 Watt :mad but they fit fine & sound OK, just a comment from the DOG..who will never purchase from Ecklers again :nono: just my 2 cents to the members of the forum..... :seeya
Old 07-17-2002, 09:48 AM
TheOman
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Regarding,my past post on kick/panel speakersfor mid/year.... comments (StrayDog)

Can you get the panels without the 80/30 Watt Speakers?
Old 07-17-2002, 10:29 AM
StrayDog
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Regarding,my past post on kick/panel speakersfor mid/year.... comments (TheOman)

I dont think so.............took a while to find mid year kick panel speakers, they come as a unit...............however fit excellent & look great, my interiour is black & the molded housing is black , and looks good............the front speakers sound ok, but are low quality.....but I have a boom box setup it the back with woofers & tweeters that carries the load, if I WAS to do it again would have checked out a local auto radio sterio jobber to see what could be custom made , as the speakers from Ecklers were 150 bucks ................... :seeya
Old 07-17-2002, 10:37 AM
TheOman
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Regarding,my past post on kick/panel speakersfor mid/year.... comments (StrayDog)

It is too late now but I think those panels are made by Custom Auto Sound. If they are not they are also sold by CAS. I also think there might be availability thru Crutchfield but I am less sure about that. I know that custom kick panels with speakers are now available for GM A-Body cars like the Chevelle and sure as shooting Ecklers is not making them so I don't think Eckler is the source of the parts you got.

I guess what I am hearing is that the speakers are not a standard shape where you could just substitute in some quality speakers? Not that I would feel good about picking up the tab for the speakers and the panels then just chucking the speakers AND buying new ones but I sometimes get foolish and want what I want (quality function and appearance) and do such things.

Keep Clamin!!

From Atlanta (Home of the Fire Ant)
Oman
Old 07-17-2002, 10:53 AM
StrayDog
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Regarding,my past post on kick/panel speakersfor mid/year.... comments (TheOman)

TheOman..........the speakers are standard size, dimensionally, the housing is molded plastic , certainly higher quality speakers would fit in housing , that fits with the original screws in kick panel area , as they give more space to accomodate the speakers,I dont think speakers of any size other than a 4" or so round type would fit the original kick panel without this plastic housing......probably made in Mexico/china for 2 bucks or PESOS .......... :crazy: MY 66 has side exhaust & I put a CD player in glove box , again although they are not 80 watt , enough sound comes out to overcome the side exhaust.........dont know how to post photo on forum.. so, I will take a few photos with my digital camera & e mail them to you......The Dog. :seeya
Old 07-17-2002, 11:44 AM
TheOman
Melting Slicks

Ok

The forum E-mail address is out of date. The correct one is The_Oman49@hotmail.com

Get notified of new replies

To Regarding,my past post on kick/panel speakersfor mid/year.... comments

Quick Reply: Regarding,my past post on kick/panel speakersfor mid/year.... comments