C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Finally spring is here!!! Plug pictures.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 01:10 PM
fastfreddie63
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally spring is here!!! Plug pictures.

Ah yes, Spring is in the air. Temps. to be in the upper 50's today. Unwrapped my baby after a long winter storage. Disconnected my Deltran trickle charger and did a tune up last night on my L76. Changed the oil and filter; 5 3/4 qts. of Brad Penn 10w30 and a Napa gold filter. Replaced my 10 year old (7,678 mile) Champion RY18YC with some new AC R45's torqued to 23 ft. lbs. and snug. Took pictures of my old plugs for any feedback. Looks like they all have a golden brown/amber color; but a little rich looking. #8 appears to have been a tad loose as is had some resdue on the side. What do you think? Listed pictures of cylinder order (right to left): 1&3, 5&7, 2&4, 6&8, and finally the side of #8. Topped off the tire pressure and wiped it down. Took it to work this morning (in the upper 30's and the top down) and it runs like a champ. Didn't check the timing last night but ever since I replaced the points with a breakerless module (8 years ago) it's ran very smooth.

Freddie

Last edited by fastfreddie63; 04-09-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:23 PM
DansYellow66
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,620 Likes on 1,952 Posts

I suspect it's running much better. A couple of those look pretty gnarly. At least the electrodes look dry but I would say you are running rich and possibly have some carbon buildup and maybe oil-control issues also. A good question - I will be looking forward to some responses from others on them.

Quick Reply: Finally spring is here!!! Plug pictures.