C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

preference for restomods - coupe or convertible ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 02:38 PM
1974purchase
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default preference for restomods - coupe or convertible ?

a neighbors' business recently did a restomod on a 67 coupe. are c2 coupes or convertibles more popular choices for a restomod ?
Old 04-20-2014, 07:56 PM
vettnut
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm usually a convertible guy, But I saw a 63 Restomod at Carlisle that was spectacular.
There were a whole bunch of 63 Split windows lined up and this Restomod drew the crowd as soon as it parked.
I would say Coupe. It'll have A/C.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:41 AM
ChattanoogaJSB
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 875 Likes on 538 Posts

Restomod either one! Please don't start with a very nice driving example, even if it IS a free country!
Old 04-21-2014, 09:46 AM
65silververt
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 203 Posts

Split windows will always be very popular, but when a convertible is done correctly, they seem to bring the most money next to a split window. If you are doing this to make a profit, be careful. The aftermarket frame manufacturers are now producing more frames than ever and I have noticed more and more restomods coming up for sale online. My theory is that supply of 63-67 restomods is soon to jump above demand.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:30 PM
327carguy
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 65silververt
Split windows will always be very popular, but when a convertible is done correctly, they seem to bring the most money next to a split window. If you are doing this to make a profit, be careful. The aftermarket frame manufacturers are now producing more frames than ever and I have noticed more and more restomods coming up for sale online. My theory is that supply of 63-67 restomods is soon to jump above demand.

If your going the restomod route please start with a basket case. It will be the same amount of work in the end.

Get notified of new replies

To preference for restomods - coupe or convertible ?

Quick Reply: preference for restomods - coupe or convertible ?