C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Kind of an interesting weekend...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 09:21 PM
jasonsamara
Safety Car

Received 746 Likes on 243 Posts

Default Kind of an interesting weekend...

I went to Carlisle on friday and when I got back I was pumped up to work on my 60 so I went at it. The kick panels were the goal. Did the drivers side friday night and it amazes me how people put stuff together. Whoever worked on it many moons ago had chicken wire holding the vinyl tube at the bottom to the kick panel, then it just ran to the carpet. I'm no expert but I figured out to tuck it inside the plate on the bottom of the door. The passengers side didn't work out so well but I did improve it quite a bit. So sat morning when I pushed it halfway out the garage door to work on it a truck pulls up in my drive. These two old guys get out and ask if they can look at it. We chatted for a few minutes and then of course asked if I would sell it? After they were done I cross examined them because I'm paranoid. Working for the power company I pretty much can figure out where anyone lives so if it comes up missing I know where to go.

Went for a nice ride with my 3 year old to my parents today. Then tonight my 18 year old neighbor walks over and it took me about 5 min. to figure out the question that was coming. He wanted to pay me to let him drive my Z06 to the prom next week. I told him I know exactly where he was coming from but no. I finished up the weekend sitting on the previous owner of my 60's porch talking cars. She is a great lady that loves to talk cars (even though she went Mustang on me) Local shows start next weekend and it has been a loooooooooooong winter.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:56 PM
Zoomin
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 217 Likes on 160 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15, '19

Can't believe you wouldn't hand an 18 year old the keys to your Z06.

Quick Reply: Kind of an interesting weekend...