C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Who in Ohio bought SCCA BP Corvette from Chris "Kit" Coyle in 1965

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 09:41 PM
wxk122
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Who in Ohio bought SCCA BP Corvette from Chris "Kit" Coyle in 1965

(see picture) (i.e. picture of car in 1964 when SCCA raced by Kit Coyle and unchanged essentially from when raced by Nickey)
Question : Unusual Corvette BP SCCA race car raced by Ohio owner in Ohio area tracks in 1965 forward

THe Nickey Chevrolet second 1958 Corvette PPE car that was created late in the season by Nickey for James Jeffords was sold to Tommy Robinson and then was sold to Chris "Kit" Coyle who raced the car in SCCA in the Steel Cities Division SCCA BP

The question I have is: Kit Coyle told me recently that he sold the car to a person who lived in Ohio in 1965
The purchaser took in 1965 his SCCA driving school and then raced the car in 1965 forward in BP at tracks such as Nelson Ledges, Mid Ohio etc

In one race in 1965 at Nelson Ledges the steering wheel came off and the car went off the track

When he bought the car it looked exactly like the picture

I am trying to determine the following:

(a) Anyone remember the name of person in Ohio who bought the car with the unusual paint scheme (note: Chris "Kit" Coyle does not remember purchasers name)
(b) anyone remember seeing the car in a race in 1965 or 1966 etc
( c) Anyone remember where the SCCA drivers school was held in Ohio area in 1965
(d) anyone have SCCA Ohio area drivers school records with names

Thanks for any help

William Keogh
E mail: wllmkeogh@yahoo.com
TeL;905-8712341
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Who in Ohio bought SCCA BP Corvette from Chris "Kit" Coyle in 1965