C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Will be selling my 66 Corvette Coupe Bird Cage Shortly

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 05:23 AM
wonderful
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Will be selling my 66 Corvette Coupe Bird Cage Shortly

Hello,
In 2011, I purchased a running stock 1966 Corvette Coupe with a automatic transmission that was in a medium fire. The car was purchased in Los Angeles, California. The car was never hit and has all the major parts except no bumpers or rear window trim. I will be selling the bird cage only at this time. The bird cage will need drip rails and some minor rust repairs on the windshield frame bottom, otherwise it's rust free. I have a California title which states that the car can not be registered in the United States. The bird cage has the serial number and the trim tag. The car is located on my farm in Manitoba Canada.
I talked with United States Customs yesterday and they mentioned that I will need a Customs Broker to complete the sale from Canada to someone in the United States or to other parts of the world. I have never sold anything this large before. I am asking anyone from Canada who has sold cars in the United States or to other parts of the world for some advise and information. Photos and a price will be posted in the C1-C2 Parts section after the information is gathered. I wish to sell the bird cage this year. Delivery will be arranged.
I know of a person in Canada who sold a complete airplane fuselage to a guy in Australia. Shipping was surprisingly reasonable.
All replies will be greatly appreciated.
Richard

Last edited by wonderful; 06-14-2014 at 05:26 AM.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:25 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Originally Posted by wonderful
I talked with United States Customs yesterday and they mentioned that I will need a Customs Broker to complete the sale from Canada to someone in the United States or to other parts of the world.
Hmm...the rules must have changed - I've bought complete running cars from Canada that were built originally in the U.S., and never needed a Broker to buy it and bring it into the U.S. - I handled it myself at the U.S. Customs Desk (in Port Huron, at the Blue Water Bridge port of entry). All I needed was a signed bill of sale, the Canadian Registration, and $5.00 for an Informal Entry Certificate. Canada Customs wasn't involved - they don't care what leaves Canada.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:34 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,943 Likes on 4,782 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

So was this a project car that you are giving up on?
Old 06-15-2014, 08:36 AM
wonderful
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
So was this a project car that you are giving up on?
No. I will be keeping the rust free frame, 300 hp complete engine, gas tank, bumper supports, head light assemblies, power steering, telescopic steering, seats and seat belts, knock offs, power windows, vent windows, glove box door and frame, ignition shielding, radio, distributor, instrument cluster, clock, interior window trim, exhaust system, spare tire carrier and the suspension for my other projects. Only the automatic transmission, shifter, front exterior coupe windshield trim, radiator-held coolant (66M) shroud and support, over flow tank (66M), bare coupe doors (partially burned-needing door skins) and the differential will be sold or traded on a later basis. I may sell the inner and outer heater boxes which are in good condition. There is no glass.

Last edited by wonderful; 06-18-2014 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:11 PM
wonderful
Burning Brakes

We had a massive rain storm this weekend. The bird cage which is still mounted on the rolling frame is on my lawn. The lawn is drenched with water, so I can not remove the bird cage until the ground dries, otherwise I will get stuck and make a mess on the yard. Need a week for the ground to dry. I will take photos of the bird cage and give a set price and post it in the c1-c2 parts section after that. Please bare with me.

Last edited by wonderful; 06-18-2014 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:43 PM
Wayne1964
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should this post be in the for sale area ??
Old 06-17-2014, 06:49 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by Wayne1964
Should this post be in the for sale area ??
Originally Posted by wonderful
We had a massive rain storm this weekend. The bird cage which is still mounted on the rolling frame is on my lawn. The lawn is drenched with water, so I can not remove the bird cage until the ground dries, otherwise I will get stuck and make a mess on the yard. Need a week for the ground to dry. I will take more photos of the bird cage after that. Please bare with me.
The OP was supposedly looking for info on shipping internationally?

If you are looking for additional answers to questions, we will leave the thread open. However, please dont just add pictures and promote the sale here in the General section without a price.

If you are ready to sell, please place an ad with an asking price with all your photos in the Parts For Sale section.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:21 AM
wonderful
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer5869
The OP was supposedly looking for info on shipping internationally?

If you are looking for additional answers to questions, we will leave the thread open. However, please dont just add pictures and promote the sale here in the General section without a price.

If you are ready to sell, please place an ad with an asking price with all your photos in the Parts For Sale section.
Yes, I will definitely do that.

Get notified of new replies

To Will be selling my 66 Corvette Coupe Bird Cage Shortly

Quick Reply: Will be selling my 66 Corvette Coupe Bird Cage Shortly