C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

65 window regulator shaft extension

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2002, 11:17 PM
alshsh
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 65 window regulator shaft extension

I'm installing a new set of door panels from Corvette America and I'm having a tough time installing the vent window
cranks. The crank pins won't lock into place. It's as if the panel is to thick. The regulator shaft does not stick out even
or past the panel. I've even tried hammering the handle on with a rubber mallet and I still can't get the handle clip to
lock in place. The handles clipped on OK without the door panels installed.

I was told that there are shaft extensions available that will give you enough clearance so that the handle clip will
lock into place without the handle binding up against the panel to tight. Does anyone know where I can get these
at?

Also, any ideas on how I can get the handles on without having the handles being to tight against the panel if I can't
find any shaft extensions. I don't want the handles binding up against the panel so if I need to remove them later
I won't have problems removing them. The panels seem to fit OK and locked onto the top of the door when they
were installed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Al

Quick Reply: 65 window regulator shaft extension