C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

56 Restomod - Houston, Texas

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 08:53 AM
56resto
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 56 Restomod - Houston, Texas

I'm relatively new to the forum. I have found it very helpful and would like to offer my project experience in this thread in hopes of helping others or getting told how to do it right.

I purchased my 56 in January of this year. I drove to Watkins-Glen, New York in the middle of the polar vortex to pick it up along with another Texan (a guy from my unit in Vietnam). First lesson learned, a light golf jacket will not work at -17 degrees.

This car had multiple owners since 1985 and still was fairly complete.
Attached Images  
Old 07-08-2014, 09:06 AM
Vet65te
Le Mans Master

Received 1,032 Likes on 671 Posts

Good luck with the project. What do you have in mind for this resto-mod?
Mike T - Prescott AZ
Old 07-08-2014, 09:12 AM
56resto
Cruising

Corvette Corrections frame, C4 chassis, and new LS3. I will describe my progress in subsequent posts. I didn't start out to do a complete restomod, I evolved to the idea after following Brian Eggers thread.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:03 PM
56resto
Cruising

Default Back at work on the 56

I've been off the thread for too long now. Just got a new computer so it will be easier to post than on the iPad. I've acquired the Corvette Corrections frame. Bill Dawson had a backlog when I went to order the frame and he suggested that I purchase a frame from a guy in TN. So, I drove up from Houston and picked up the frame. Saved some in the process. I'll start uploading photos of the progress as soon as I can figure out how to transfer the photos from my iPad.
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To 56 Restomod - Houston, Texas

Quick Reply: 56 Restomod - Houston, Texas