C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Looking for a shipper

Old 07-23-2014, 08:56 PM
sbaba
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Looking for a shipper

I am looking for recommendations for shipping a C2 in an enclosed carrier.

Thanks!
Old 07-23-2014, 09:07 PM
65hihp
Le Mans Master

Received 3,262 Likes on 1,686 Posts

This topic has appeared a few times previously. Use search box above and enter words Car Transport Company and you will get many responses.
Here is one recent one.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-a...ansporter.html
Old 07-23-2014, 11:07 PM
Dberghorn
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I did a UShip from Sarasota to Waterford mi and it worked out great email me direct I can provide more details drive a was great and a direct shipment no issues at all.

Dave
616-295-0375
Dberghorn@me.com
Old 07-23-2014, 11:24 PM
sbaba
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by 65hihp
This topic has appeared a few times previously. Use search box above and enter words Car Transport Company and you will get many responses.
Here is one recent one.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-a...ansporter.html
Thank you. I searched for "car shipper" before posting the thread and didn't see anything. I should have scrolled down further and would have seen the link you provided.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:01 AM
Classic-Chevy-Guy
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 160 Posts

Have used Intercity twice. They are a sponsor on this forum and give forum discounts.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:32 AM
BlackbirdZ07
Safety Car

Received 198 Likes on 127 Posts

I've used www.exoticcartransport.com twice. I was very happy with the price and service both times. Intercity is also excellent.

I used Angels Moving Autos last time due to the route and the fact that I had lots of extra parts including a big block motor, that most shippers would not take. It worked out well and the price was very reasonable. However, they're a broker, which I try to stay away from. They just post your information on a board and wait for shippers to bid. Companies like Exotic Car Transport and Intercity are shippers, so you're dealing directly with the people who are moving your car.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:46 AM
vwtdi
Pro

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

I had a good experience with Intercity.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:59 AM
MaineDoc
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 89 Likes on 60 Posts

I have used Intercity previously and they were great. They will move my next Corvette in September.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:06 AM
mhanley
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Classic-Chevy-Guy
Have used Intercity twice. They are a sponsor on this forum and give forum discounts.
They are number one in my book...........

Mike
Old 07-24-2014, 08:30 AM
Vet65te
Le Mans Master

Received 1,024 Likes on 666 Posts

I've used Intercity twice and was very pleased. The second time, just last October, we were getting ready to relocate to Arizona from California and had them show up with an empty truck so they could haul '6' cars for us.

Mike T - Prescott AZ
Old 07-24-2014, 08:59 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,541 Likes on 2,157 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Have used Intercity in the past and as recently as last month. They are the best IMO
Old 07-24-2014, 09:20 AM
bluestreak63
Safety Car

Received 286 Likes on 172 Posts

Have used Intercity and Reliable. Would use either again, but first call would be to Intercity to check availability.

Please note that when shipping with big outfits, it all depends on scheduling. They'll probably be focused on Carlisle coming up, so it might be a wait no matter who you go with.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:10 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,318 Likes on 2,767 Posts

I use Passport Transport and have been happy every time.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:41 PM
0AngelsTransport
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackbirdZ07
I've used www.exoticcartransport.com twice. I was very happy with the price and service both times. Intercity is also excellent.

I used Angels Moving Autos last time due to the route and the fact that I had lots of extra parts including a big block motor, that most shippers would not take. It worked out well and the price was very reasonable. However, they're a broker, which I try to stay away from. They just post your information on a board and wait for shippers to bid. Companies like Exotic Car Transport and Intercity are shippers, so you're dealing directly with the people who are moving your car.
This is not true about us. We have been in the business for over 10 years and have built relationship with hundreds of carriers around the States and Canada. We simply call one of our carriers who have proven themselves reliable over the years and check to see if they can take our car. If not, we try our next carrier on the list. We rarely post a car on the board. And when we do, we do extensive research to make sure they are credible, have good ratings and aren't new in the business.

To the OP: We'd love to help you transport your vehicle Contact us to get a quote.

http://www.angelsmovingautos.com/
Old 07-24-2014, 03:54 PM
BlackbirdZ07
Safety Car

Received 198 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by AngelsTransport
This is not true about us. We have been in the business for over 10 years and have built relationship with hundreds of carriers around the States and Canada. We simply call one of our carriers who have proven themselves reliable over the years and check to see if they can take our car. If not, we try our next carrier on the list. We rarely post a car on the board. And when we do, we do extensive research to make sure they are credible, have good ratings and aren't new in the business.

To the OP: We'd love to help you transport your vehicle Contact us to get a quote.

http://www.angelsmovingautos.com/
Another shipper I talked to said he saw my car posted on the board. But I completely understand because there were a LOT of extra parts with the car... a big block motor on a cart, the original wheels and tires, the front bumpers, and an extra set of side pipes. Everyone I called didn't want anything to do with all those parts, so I'm happy you were able to find someone who could ship the parts with the car.

As I said, the price was reasonable and, aside from having antifreeze drip all over my car from the car above, I was happy with the service.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for a shipper

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for a shipper