C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Update: Sale of 1965 A/C Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 10:11 AM
Ron Miller
Le Mans Master

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Default Update: Sale of 1965 A/C Coupe

OK, as promised, here's an update on the recent sale of my 1965 coupe, factory A/C and 4-speed. I originally listed the car on the forum and had a couple of guys close to buying, but no sale.

I sold the car at Sherm Smith's Classic Auto Auction at Cape Girardeau, Missouri on 12 July this year. It was bought by the FastLane folks out of St. Charles, MO (St. Louis area), and is now listed for sale at their location. Here's a link to my original "For Sale" listing on this forum . . .

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1s-...-55-000-a.html

I don't believe forum rules allow me to post a direct link to the FastLane site (not a supporting vendor), but a Google search and looking through the "Inventory" listing or the "Corvette" listing on their site should get you to the 1965 Nassau Blue coupe with factory A/C. They've done some cleanup/touchup painting on the underneath, and it looks as if the paint on the driver's fender has been corrected as well. Looks great! But, it was a pretty great looking car before, just in need of a little TLC which it apparently received.

Ron
Old 08-28-2014, 10:36 PM
Old Blazer
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ron, I see Fast Lane has listed your car now at $69,995. One owner since 1975 and matching numbers engine and trans with rare factory air. They also point out the power headlight buckets! I live about a mile away and will slip down and check it out, anything specific you'd like me to check out. I'll look at the drivers fender for any paint repairs for one thing.
Dennis
Old 12-22-2014, 10:59 AM
Ron Miller
Le Mans Master

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Blazer
Ron, I see Fast Lane has listed your car now at $69,995. One owner since 1975 and matching numbers engine and trans with rare factory air. They also point out the power headlight buckets! I live about a mile away and will slip down and check it out, anything specific you'd like me to check out. I'll look at the drivers fender for any paint repairs for one thing.
Dennis
Thanks Dennis, I'd be interested in hearing what you found out. I checked a couple of weeks ago and saw the car listed for sale at $69,995 with a "Sale Pending" notification on the listing. Then, a couple of days ago it had changed to a "Sold" notification, and the car had been removed from the "For Sale" section to the "Sold" section of Fastlane's website.

I still regret that someone on the forum missed a great buy at $50,000 when I had it listed here. But, Fastlane bought it at a little over $50,000 when you include the 6% commission they paid in addition to the purchase price, and I'm sure they turned a decent profit.

I've also got in my garage several original items from the car, such as spare tire compartment and lid, radio, and others, as well as a wealth of documentation on the previous history of the car if you should be able to determine who purchased it.

Thanks again,
Ron

Get notified of new replies

To Update: Sale of 1965 A/C Coupe

Quick Reply: Update: Sale of 1965 A/C Coupe