C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

65 Coupe rear blower motor stopped

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 04:05 PM
woodsdesign
Safety Car

Received 538 Likes on 350 Posts

Default 65 Coupe rear blower motor stopped

I had it working but recently noticed it stopped. I took off the cover in the back and looked at the switch and checked the ground. All is as it should be. However it is not getting power. If I remember right there is a brown connector that connects to the blower switch on the dash. Is that correct? I noticed the brown a brown wire with connector hanging when I had the drivers radio side panel off. I have Vintage Air so I know some of the heater wires are not used. That is why I didn't think anything of it. I am now thinking that when I was working on the dash I might have knocked it off.
Can anyone tell me if I am on the right track? Is that where it picks up power? Also, if that is the case what is the easiest way to install the connector.
Thanks,
Larry
Old 08-30-2014, 04:19 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,220 Likes on 2,302 Posts

In a stock a/c car, the rear blower is disabled when the fan is on. I'm betting that you are correct that the brown wire is what should feed voltage to your rear blower, but with vintage air, you'll have to look at their diagram to see how they take into account that rear blower connection. It's no longer wired stock.

Last edited by 65GGvert; 08-30-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:27 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Originally Posted by woodsdesign
I had it working but recently noticed it stopped. I took off the cover in the back and looked at the switch and checked the ground. All is as it should be. However it is not getting power. If I remember right there is a brown connector that connects to the blower switch on the dash. Is that correct? I noticed the brown a brown wire with connector hanging when I had the drivers radio side panel off. I have Vintage Air so I know some of the heater wires are not used. That is why I didn't think anything of it. I am now thinking that when I was working on the dash I might have knocked it off.
Can anyone tell me if I am on the right track? Is that where it picks up power? Also, if that is the case what is the easiest way to install the connector.
Thanks,
Larry
The rear blower is fed from the heater blower switch - its brown feed wire plugs onto the back of the switch, to the terminal spade at about 8 o'clock when looking at the back of the switch (see your Assembly Manual, UPC 12, sheet C4, View "C", item #3). That terminal spade goes dead when the heater is in use.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:28 PM
woodsdesign
Safety Car

Received 538 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnZ
The rear blower is fed from the heater blower switch - its brown feed wire plugs onto the back of the switch, to the terminal spade at about 8 o'clock when looking at the back of the switch (see your Assembly Manual, UPC 12, sheet C4, View "C", item #3). That terminal spade goes dead when the heater is in use.
Thanks John, That is a big help.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:31 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,220 Likes on 2,302 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnZ
Does his Vintage air configuration use the same switch?

Get notified of new replies

To 65 Coupe rear blower motor stopped

Quick Reply: 65 Coupe rear blower motor stopped