C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Help Locate 63 Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 10:09 PM
pop23235
Safety Car

Received 1,023 Likes on 683 Posts

Default Help Locate 63 Transmission

Mods, move to appropriate forum if needed please.
I'm trying to locate my 63 coupe's transmission. Back in the late 70's the car was located near Anniston, Al and the transmission changed. Last trace I had of the transmission it was in Scottsboro, AL in a track car (not Corvette). The previous owner's brother changed out the tranny as the original had begun to jump out of 2nd gear. I think the owner's name was Beshear (or close to that). Anyway, the VIN on the Borg Warner T-10 would be 13235 and the date would be April 4 or earlier. I'd be happy to pay a reward.

I've just pulled the engine for refreshing it on this car and realize all the parts are matching - carb, dist, water pump, starter, alternator, engine, even has what appears to be the original spare. So I'd really like to fill out this car with all it's original parts. I always just thought it was another old vette.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:32 AM
Bluestripe67
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,466 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

While you patiently wait and hope that your original trans will reappear, do what you can to find a suitable replacement. My guess is you will, at best, find it difficult to find a BW trans. What trans is in it now? It will be easier to locate a good rebuilt Muncie for your car. I know it's not the right/correct trans, but you do want to drive your car in the near future. Dennis
Old 08-31-2014, 02:36 PM
pop23235
Safety Car

Received 1,023 Likes on 683 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluestripe67
While you patiently wait and hope that your original trans will reappear, do what you can to find a suitable replacement. My guess is you will, at best, find it difficult to find a BW trans. What trans is in it now? It will be easier to locate a good rebuilt Muncie for your car. I know it's not the right/correct trans, but you do want to drive your car in the near future. Dennis
Thanks Dennis, but I have at least 3 T-10's, one is the correct date and all would work. I also have several boxes of parts and housings, so I could likely assemble another. I have time as I'm starting the restoration. It is highly unlikely I'll ever find this one, but less likely if I don't try.

Get notified of new replies

To Help Locate 63 Transmission

Quick Reply: Help Locate 63 Transmission