C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

W/S washer reservoir retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 08:39 PM
DiabolicalDave
Drifting

Received 144 Likes on 100 Posts

Default W/S washer reservoir retrofit

My '66 is a factory a/c car and therefore has the battery on the Driver side and has the baggie for the windshield washer reservoir. I am thinking that maybe I want to retrofit the "proper" factory reservoir. You know - the white hard plastic one. Has anybody done that? Or, otherwise have any ideas; already scoped it out, etc. For the record, I am against any drilling, cutting, welding, bending, etc on my nearly original Corvette. So, I'm wanting this to be a bolt-on / bolt-off retrofit...
Old 09-02-2014, 12:56 AM
SI67
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

Default Don't think there's enough room for the rigid reservoir

Originally Posted by DiabolicalDave
My '66 is a factory a/c car and therefore has the battery on the Driver side and has the baggie for the windshield washer reservoir. I am thinking that maybe I want to retrofit the "proper" factory reservoir. You know - the white hard plastic one. Has anybody done that? Or, otherwise have any ideas; already scoped it out, etc. For the record, I am against any drilling, cutting, welding, bending, etc on my nearly original Corvette. So, I'm wanting this to be a bolt-on / bolt-off retrofit...
Had there been a good place under the hood on A/C cars, they'd have used it. I hate the baggie, too, but I don't think you can do what you have in mind. You might be able to rig up your own reservoir made from, say, a dishwashing liquid bottle, and put it to the left of the radiator. It won't be as pretty as you'd like, but it might be more durable and less annoying than the baggie. See, I hate the baggie, but not enough to do anything about it.

Quick Reply: W/S washer reservoir retrofit