C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Upcoming C2 values

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 10:38 PM
Zoomin
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 217 Likes on 160 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15, '19

Originally Posted by Wayne1964
The problem with auctions is the regular guy that saves for a special car gets beat out by money bags who seems either to flip the car or put in a collection. The price will always go up depending how much money the rich can throw around. I feel fortunate to have bought a driver and enjoy the process of working on her.
Man, I dunno about that. There were a lot of very nice cars that didn't make reserve at Mecum last Saturday. The beauty of an auction with reserve is that a car doesn't sell until the price meets or exceeds what the owner wants for it. Sometimes it's the owners that push the envelope on price. Either way, an auction proves the old adage that something is worth what a seller would take and a buyer would give.

Barrett-Jackson is losing some sellers because they take a bath by having to sell at no reserve. If you want a bargain, go to BJ. Which is odd because BJ has the reputation for the rich and stupid driving up prices.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:25 AM
SeeYah
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoomin
Barrett-Jackson is losing some sellers because they take a bath by having to sell at no reserve. If you want a bargain, go to BJ. Which is odd because BJ has the reputation for the rich and stupid driving up prices.
I think that comment about getting a bargain at BJ depends on which BJ auction and what day and time the car crosses the block. Don't forget that many times the price is also driven by the volume of interested buyers and their testosterone or alcohol levels. There was a 57 Ranchero that was at Mecum Dallas on Saturday. It was a nice restoration but there was no way that car was worth the $107,500 sales price (plus another 8% buyer commission) other than 3 bidders were involved including the dog pharmacist with the two bimbos.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:37 AM
Kerouac
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SeeYah
I think that comment about getting a bargain at BJ depends on which BJ auction and what day and time
I think that the best time… Oops! I may have misunderstood the comment about the "BJ auction." I may be on the wrong website. Carry on.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:57 AM
C2Racer
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 234 Posts

Prices at BJ go up as the liquor flows....... Shop early for bargains but they will not be the prized cars, no 63's for sure. Mecum seems a little further away from this?
Old 09-13-2014, 11:53 AM
1974purchase
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1974purchase
the 67 red/black convertible benchmark brings in 270k excluding commission yesterday at mecum dallas.

https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail.cfm...=DA0914-195133
the above red 67 435 and blue 67 435 are now listed in the proteam inventory.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:15 PM
docent
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 55 Posts
2015 C2 of the Year Finalist

The stock 63 split windows (matching numbers, etc) seem to be holding there price, and the modified split windows, definitely are 30% or more lower in price. Just look at the prices on EBay, and some of the auctions results. I personally don't think, the other years will go up. There has been several comments, made by well known car collections, that indicate - - the 63 split windows (stock), will jump in price in the next couple years. There just isn't that many stock 63's out there anymore !

Quick Reply: Upcoming C2 values