C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Help-Advice on '66 near Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 10:38 AM
onelloyd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help-Advice on '66 near Atlanta

HELP!!! Can anyone take a look at the 1966 Silver/Silver roadster on Greg Wyatt"s Vintage Corvette website and give me feedback and advice on hiring an appraiser to look the car over before proceeding. Pictures look great and this may be a car that I may make a serious offer on!
Thanks for any advice anyone might provide.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:53 AM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

You might send a PM to Ratdog, I believe he bought his car from him, and might have a appraiser in mind. I believe Greg's place is quite far from Atlanta also.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:23 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Moving to General discussion area.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:35 PM
onelloyd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tom McCabe
You might send a PM to Ratdog, I believe he bought his car from him, and might have a appraiser in mind. I believe Greg's place is quite far from Atlanta also.
You are right! I did not realize Greg's facility is about 90 miles North of Atlanta. Thanks for the recommendation.
1L
Old 09-12-2014, 02:27 PM
SpartyGW
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I can tell you that while I did not buy my car from Greg, I have talked to him. If you search this forum you will find nothing but positive things said about the man.

He only buys very nice cars. His prices are not cheap but his inventory is high end.

I understand wanting to hire an appraiser for peace of mind, but this is one guy that I think you can take at his word when he describes the car.

I am north of Atlanta but have no time.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:06 PM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,581 Likes on 818 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Onelloyd - Check your PM box for a response to your message.

-- Steve
Old 09-12-2014, 04:21 PM
NormR
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SpartyGW
I can tell you that while I did not buy my car from Greg, I have talked to him. If you search this forum you will find nothing but positive things said about the man.

He only buys very nice cars. His prices are not cheap but his inventory is high end.

I understand wanting to hire an appraiser for peace of mind, but this is one guy that I think you can take at his word when he describes the car.

I just reviewed his web page, everything is listed as either "just in" or "Sold." Is there a price sheet available or do you generally contact Greg to discuss each vehicle. What is the best approach to take? Thanks
Old 09-12-2014, 05:11 PM
onelloyd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NormR
I just reviewed his web page, everything is listed as either "just in" or "Sold." Is there a price sheet available or do you generally contact Greg to discuss each vehicle. What is the best approach to take? Thanks
No prices are posted on the site. click on the desired vehicle and a number of photos and a brief description comes up. You have to contact him for a quote. The silver/silver '66 roadster has an asking price of $70k. I realize it is a desirable and high option car and I'm not searching for a judged show car, I just want a high quality driver that I'm not going to loose my shirt over like I have with a few muscle cars I have owned!
1L
Old 09-12-2014, 06:43 PM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,581 Likes on 818 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by SpartyGW

I talked with Greg's delivery driver / mechanic when he delivered my car. He told me a story about an out-of-state trip he took with Greg to check out and, hopefully, purchase a car for his store. Apparently, the car sounded good enough from the sellers description and looked good enough in pictures to make the trip. Here's how the conversation went when Greg arrived to look at the car:

Greg: I'm sorry but I'm going to have to pass on your car.

Seller: I really need to sell this car. I'm very open to an offer. What would you give me for it?

Greg: I'm sorry but I'm not interested at any price. It's not a car that I would feel comfortable putting in my store.

So they drove home an empty trailer.

Greg sells a lot of cars w/o the buyer doing an inspection and he sells a fair number of cars to overseas buyers sight unseen. Even with his reputation, I wasn't bold enough to do that.

From what I saw when I was there, all of his cars are 1st class. But, you have to pay the piper to get one. He did have a $50K car in his store a couple of years back. That's the only car where I've seen him list the price in his ad. It wasn't a typical car that he gets. It was a car that belonged to a friend who was local so he agreed to take it on. But he was very forthcoming in the ad about the car and what it needed (mainly paint, interior refreshing, and some other odds and ends but nothing mechanical).

I'd say most of his cars are in the high 5 figures with some going into 6 figures. On the extreme end, he had the McNamara Corvette for awhile at $750,000. I know that car eventually went to auction where it brought $725,000 but I don't think Greg was the owner at auction so I don't know what transpired in the interim.

As mentioned here before, Greg's cars are not inexpensive. You won't find a project car there but they are nice cars from high end drivers to survivors to trophy cars. He must be doing something right. He's sold 71 cars since I bought mine in the Spring of 2012.

-- Steve

Get notified of new replies

To Help-Advice on '66 near Atlanta

Quick Reply: Help-Advice on '66 near Atlanta