C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

My wife was locked in the car

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

Originally Posted by RatDog
Thanks, Frank.

My door pulls seem fine. It's the door lock mechanism causing the problem. All I can figure is the last person to work inside the door forgot to tighten those 2 bolts that hold the mech to the frame of the door and it's just hanging there by it's actuation rod.

Since that part is flopping around loose in there, I think it got jammed up in the door pull mechanism and that's why the door pull wouldn't work. Somehow, using the door key unjammed it allowing the door to open and allowing the lock mechanism to resume flopping around.

That sucks about those repro parts you have there. But, I bet you don't have any more problems after your fix.

-- Steve
That would indeed be a different problem - but fortunately; also easily remedied
Old 09-22-2014, 01:23 PM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,581 Likes on 818 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
That would indeed be a different problem - but fortunately; also easily remedied
Yes, an easy fix. If I had child-sized fingers I could probably put it back together without taking the door panel off. So close and, yet, so far away. Good opportunity to replace the missing chrome/stainless door crank bezels tweak the fit on a couple of trim pieces on the door panel.

-- Steve

Quick Reply: My wife was locked in the car